riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

There's nothing "pathetic" about Field's performance and anyone who thinks so should be the one banned form analyzing film. Honesty I've never heard the opinion that Hathaway blows Field away outside this board. Real film analysts agree the performances are both great. But Field DID do more and hence why she was more deserving just based on the performance. Hathaway was more deserving though if you're going by the basis that Field has already had more than her fair share of time in the sun. And that's why Anne won most places (though Field won more places at the beginning of the season I'll remind people).

Sure field had a bigger role, but her acting was just barf. She did more, but sometimes one must realise that doing a little bit well is so much better than doing a lot of shit.

Come on, people, enough with the "Waltz played the same character as in IB". Did you see the movie?

His performance was more "Waltz playing Waltz" than "TLJ playing TLJ", that's for sure. No one said he wasn't good at it, just that it's the same thing we've already seen. Honestly some of you are showing your biases if you don't think Waltz won for just as much or more of the same character he always plays as TLJ Arkin, and Deniro. If TLJ won everyone here would be whining he won for doing what he always does. But because Waltz is so liked here he can win and no one complains about that? Puh-lease.

His performance was more "Waltz playing Waltz" than "TLJ playing TLJ", that's for sure. No one said he wasn't good at it, just that it's the same thing we've already seen. Honestly some of you are showing your biases if you don't think Waltz won for just as much or more of the same character he always plays as TLJ Arkin, and Deniro. If TLJ won everyone here would be whining he won for doing what he always does. But because Waltz is so liked here he can win and no one complains about that? Puh-lease.

It's like you enjoy being wrong.

Posted Image

Sure field had a bigger role, but her acting was just barf. She did more, but sometimes one must realise that doing a little bit well is so much better than doing a lot of shit.

I'd agree with you entirely IF Field hadn't knocked her entire performance out of the park. If people here knew much about Mary Todd and how woman with depression behaved circa Civil War USA they would be blind not to see how dead on accurate and impressive Field's portrayal was.

Edited by IronMan89

Since some of you are apparently so all knowing, then perhaos you can enlighten me then on how exactly Argo's BP win made any sense without much else of significance? I guess a movie doesn't need directing, cinematography, score, acting, or visual achievement recognition to be Best Picture worthy? Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Since some of you are apparently so all knowing, then perhaos you can enlighten me then on how exactly Argo's BP win made any sense without much else of significance? I guess a movie doesn't need directing, cinematography, score, acting, or visual achievement recognition to be Best Picture worthy? Yeah that makes sense. :rolleyes:

Stop being so arrogant.

I'd agree with you entirely IF Field hadn't knocked her entire performance out of the park. If people here knew much about Mary Todd and how woman with depression behaved circa Civil War USA they would be blind not to see how dead on accurate and impressive Field's portrayal was.

Are you high or insane or something? Sally Field was like doing her own thing, I know Todd was a crazy woman, but Field was totally in coherent and she was doing her own thing in a totally different version of a totally different movie in a totally different universe. 

We all know Ric is on another level of Oscar. I imagine him watching ceremonies from the 80's just for fun...during the summer.

:lol: You guys should all kowtow to my Awards knowledge. :P 

And no, I don't watch old ceremonies. I watch entire ceremonies only twice. Once on oscar night, and once the night before the following oscars. And, I never rewatch Oscar clips except for Meryl clips.

Stop being so arrogant.

Hey I wasn't the one going around calling other people's opinions pathetic and insane just to try to justify to themselves that their own opinion is the only correct one . Some of you act like you know it all and that's arrogance. I bring up several valid questions and issues with the Academy and I get attacked by a few you. So some of you need to step out of your mob mentality when you see a different opinion and learn to reason before blindly attacking.

Are you high or insane or something? Sally Field was like doing her own thing, I know Todd was a crazy woman, but Field was totally in coherent and she was doing her own thing in a totally different version of a totally different movie in a totally different universe. 

I guess basically all the critics and film award committees are insane and high then, cause I don't know any of them who thought Field was "incoherent" and doing her own thing. She was everyone's second choice at worst, and won her fair share at the beginning before Hathaway momentum kicked in. So if  you think I'm the only one who thought her performance was excellent you're kidding yourself.