riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

These designer gowns are as big of a deal as awards themselves. These designers custom design these dresses for these actresses.   When a designer sends you a dress to wear you're supposed to wear it. Valentino created a dress just for Anne to wear that night. So she freaked out (diva moment) when Amanda's dress was similar to hers. She then made the decision not to wear the Valentino gown and they called her out on it the next day. She then made an apology.  Similar situation with Kerry Washington. She was supposed to wear a gown from Weinstein's wife's design house. But she didn't. Press was making a big deal out of that. These Oscar gowns are some serious business, lol.

Exactly. It's Fashion's biggest moment, except maybe Paris Fashion Week, all year. Designers fight amongst themselves to dress stars, especially the big ones as it's huge amounts of advertising power at comparatively little expense. 

On a side note I want to see what Valentino's custom dress for Anne looked like. 

Lol so that story about Hathaway is true? Makes her look even more ridiculous.I saw Joan Rivers make a joke, "Amanda Seyfried looks amazing tonight and so happy. She is thrilled that this is the last day she has to pretend to like Anne Hathaway" :rofl:

LOL She made another joke about her another time on Fashion Police. She said "I love the NAACP awards. You know why? It's the only award Anne Hathaway won't win."

really helped to paint MacFarlane as a clever feminist satirist 

Nope, stopping you right there. 

Call We Saw Your Boobs what you want- funny, catchy, gross- but watch anything Macfarlane did at the Oscars or any of his 26 TV shows and tell me he's a feminist. 

Not that I'm defending JLC or anything. 

Call We Saw Your Boobs what you want- funny, catchy, gross- but watch anything Macfarlane did at the Oscars or any of his 26 TV shows and tell me he's a feminist. 

You didn't get what I was saying. These butthurt reactions made his juvenile humor passes as some clever feminist satire.

• Like 1

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/oscar-queen-jennifer-lawrence-stars-1740568

Oscar queen Jennifer Lawrence stars in own real-life fairytale to make best friend's dreams come true

Posted Image

It sounds like a lame soap opera plot except Jlaw made it actually happen.

Edited by The Futurist

I think dash means he is satirizing feminism, not that he is a feminist.

Edited by 4815162342

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/entertainment/celebrity/oscar-queen-jennifer-lawrence-stars-1740568

Oscar queen Jennifer Lawrence stars in own real-life fairytale to make best friend's dreams come true

Posted Image

It sounds like a lame soap opera plot except Jlaw made it actually happen.

I was wondering if she brought him. Now this warms my heart.

Nice spinning in that article. 

"The two hour series premiere of Red Widow earned a 1.4 adults 18-49 rating down 36 percent from a 2.2 for the series premiere of GCB on March 5, 2012 and down 33 percent from a 2.1 for the series premiere of 666 Park Avenue on September 30."

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/03/04/tv-ratings-sunday-once-upon-a-time-hits-low-the-amazing-race-the-simpsons-the-good-wife-rise-celebrity-apprentice-returns-down-red-widow-premieres-to-record-low/171680/