I know the Cars 2 hate but the action and set pieces are incredible, production design, incredible CGI Tokyo-French Riviera-London-Oil RIg : eye candy I cannot refuse.

IN Blu Ray, it just looks stunning.

VIsually, Toy Story 3 and Up are a bit flat to my eye. (still incredible, it s Pixar folks).

Oh, and all that's fine. (I'm in a very "Live and let live" mood today.) I just think the aging montage at the beginning of Up is unbelievably moving/emotional film making for ANY film. Much less animation.

Yes, but montages are one pony trick anyway.

I know the Cars 2 hate but the action and set pieces are incredible, production design, incredible CGI Tokyo-French Riviera-London-Oil RIg : eye candy I cannot refuse.

IN Blu Ray, it just looks stunning.

VIsually, Toy Story 3 and Up are a bit flat to my eye. (still incredible, it s Pixar folks).

Yeah Cars 2 was visually stunning but lacked depth.

For Pixar: not great = miss

;)

Is that you Todd McCarthy? ;)

Seriously though, if a Pixar movie was created because of a subject the director felt passionate about, but the end result wasn't Brad Birdian, I don't think they should be penalized for trying, especially with new directors.

If however they produce soulless sellout garbage like Cars 2 and they miss, then they deserve all the crap they get.

DreamWorks Animation makes average and sometimes good movies.

People expect more from PIXAR, they expect classics.

When critics don't get that they will get disappointed with the movie, which seems to be happening right now with Brave.

Seriously though, if a Pixar movie was created because of a subject the director felt passionate about, but the end result wasn't Brad Birdian, I don't think they should be penalized for trying, especially with new directors.

I definitely agree with this. If more movies did that, in general, everyone would be much happier.

Is that you Todd McCarthy? ;)

If however they produce soulless sellout garbage like Cars 2 and they miss, then they deserve all the crap they get.

I just quoted Druv by reference to hiccup's "Crap Pixar looks like it has another miss. Hopefully Monsters University isn't shitty because I am really looking forward to that" .