She does this stuff in every thread. Sometimes she can be very funny and other times just makes you stare blankly at the screen in disbelief.

There`s nothing disbelief-able about what I pointed out. Chicks are flocking to Magic Mike despite the deafening media and female blogger hype that we need more female-driven action movies or whatever. yet the target audience is flocking to a male eye-candy flick instead. I`m just pointing out that demand for certain type of a female character isn`t as big as media drums want you to belive because, obviously, what drives female audience the most is a hot male star. Yes, THG broke out in a big way in books and movies but the next mega thing in literature is and movies will be 50 Shades of Gray about a virgin playing a submissive plaything to a rich billionaire. A blantant 91/2 weeks rip-off officially inspired by Twilight. Go figure. I`m laughing because militant feminists are so bloody annoying.

If you count Chipmunks as "animated," it happened in 2007.

hmm

Semi-live/semi-animated.

Don't want to count it! lol

Smurfs or Rocky&Bullwinkle, for example, are not animatedmovies to my eyes.

SO, Pixar still has to finish 3rd in one year.

This year? :thinking:

hmm

Semi-live/semi-animated.

Don't want to count it! lol

Smurfs or Rocky&Bullwinkle, for example, are not animatedmovies to my eyes.

SO, Pixar still has to finish 3rd in one year.

This year? :thinking:

This year? To which movies? I don't see that at all this year. It's going to finish ahead of Madgascar 3. Ice Age faces the possibility of animation fatigue by the time it comes. I don't see Ice Age getting near the 230-260m range Brave is headed for. Rise of the Guardians and Wreck It Ralph would be the only other films that can finish ahead of it, but it's unlikely both will, if any.

WTF happened yesterday? Terrible number.

What's this weekend looking like? I was hoping for a sub-40% drop but not so sure about that anymore.

This is all Cars 2's fault.

Next week Spiderman opens mid-week (and spiderman is a very family-friendly flick). Instead of 2 full weeks to its own, Brave only has about a week and a half. It needs a very strong second weekend to hit the heights of what some of you were/are predicting.

The good thing for brave though is that it primarily targets girls and if ASM takes its audience, it'll be boys. So the hit won't be as bad IMO. Madagascar might be hit a little harder.

It will hit a fair amount of families with boys and girls. Although true that maybe Mad will absorb more of the blow because its older anyhow.

Next week Spiderman opens mid-week (and spiderman is a very family-friendly flick). Instead of 2 full weeks to its own, Brave only has about a week and a half...

Much better than Ratatouille, which had 0 days to itself (DH4 2 days before it, then HP? The following Wednesday). As long as this is received better than Cars 2, this should at least make $206m.