I'd be more afraid of IA3 then TASM, but there is going to be so few movies on in the marketplace, they may all be able to coexist.

Mad 3 handled Brave pretty well so IA4 shouldn't be more than a speed bump for Brave.

Just came back from watching. So pissed I waited this long to see it. It's by far my favorite film of the year. It's also among some of my favorite from Pixar. Also, I cried like a hundred times. It was so beautiful and heartbreaking.

:lol: So glad you liked it! I agree it's a great film. Hits all the right notes. Especially, the ending!

:lol: So glad you liked it! I agree it's a great film. Hits all the right notes. Especially, the ending!

Where do you rank it in your all-time Pixar?

Much better than Cars1/2, ABL. Rat. On par with MI, FN and Up. Only behind TS series, Wall-e and TI.

Right? I feel so terrible for being such a bad son to my mom. :S Like ugh. It really hit close to home. Beautiful amazing movie.

I'd rank it like this:

1) The Incredibles

2) Up

3) Toy Story 3

4) Brave (may go up with more viewings)

5) Monsters Inc.

6) Toy Story 2

7) FInding Nemo

8) Rat.

9) Cars

10) A Bugs Life (been forever since I've seen it)

11) Toy Story (haven't seen it in a while)

What kinda drop is expected this weekend?

I don't know, but sounds like the new movies coming out, even though rated R, are drawing a lot of interest. Not sure if that helps or hurts Brave's drop ("Here kids, you guys go here while we watch Magic Mike"), but i'm not so sure that Brave ends up #1 again.

I always admit when I'm wrong, and I'm more than happy to admit that I was wrong about Brave.

It was amazing. Very different for Pixar (at least I thought), but seemed to work.

And I'm glad we all agree about Cars 2 - not only was it bad on its own, compared to the first it was an absolute train wreck.

And I'm glad we all agree about Cars 2 - not only was it bad on its own, compared to the first it was an absolute train wreck.

I'm one of the few who loved Cars, so I think I was a lot more angry about Cars 2 than those who didn't care for it as much because I felt it ruined the first one's legacy (in my mind at least).

And those who know me know that I absolutely just despise franchising, especially if Pixar decides to go down that route with most of their movies... But after thinking about it a bit, I think I actually would like to see a Brave sequel. :blink: That would interest me almost as much as an Incredibles sequel would (which I've said is the only sequel from Pixar I've ever wanted to see)...

One of the complaints about Brave was from people who expected there to be a more epic than it was because of the world they presented. I don't agree, but that's probably the only criticism I can understand (and it's not about the movie, but more about expectations). Brave 2 could easily fix that disappointment by exploring the world they created more. There were some characters in there that given more time could be very interesting characters if fleshed out.

So it's 2012, the Mayans were right. I'm pining for a sequel from Pixar.

Edited by whoot

Won't get into another Cars 2 pissing match here, but I'll just say I disagree (and I did qualify it with "in my mind"). If you're interested in getting into this more, let's take it to the Pixar Club, but for now I'll assume nobody cares enough about that (especially after last year's debates) and leave it at that.