I should have said, I'd wait until MM hits before predicting the minimums...

52% drop this weekend?? Ouch.

Where are you getting that number? The Friday thread's moving too fast to keep up. Not that I'd believe the numbers anyway, but still...

If this were to drop that much, the movie has no one to blame but itself, as much as it pains me to say it. Pixar films have withstood far worse competition and a couple of R-rated comedies should not be a problem for a PG-rated animated adventure.

Edited by tribefan695

Where are you getting that number? The Friday thread's moving too fast to keep up. Not that I'd believe the numbers anyway, but still...

If this were to drop that much, the movie has no one to blame but itself, as much as it pains me to say it. Pixar films have withstood far worse competition and a couple of R-rated comedies should not be a problem for a PG-rated animated adventure.

Yeah--Friday thread can be crazy; please post Brave # here once it's out? I don't see any number for it yet except for a pre-friday prediction of 30-35M.

I have a feeling that the four openers effected this very little. I mean honestly, what audience could they have possibly stolen from it? I guess some of the teen maybe, but that's a very minimal part of Brave's audience. I think it will be OK. 45% drop at worst.

Well, the generally accepted reason for KFP2 not doing as well as it could have is TH2.

Not generally accepted by me. Awful marketing on DWA's part, it was shown to have a visible drop off in female appeal from the first, and last year sucked in general for animation at the box office. KFP2 still had the 2nd highest animated OW of the year. This year 3 animated films have already blown it sky high.

I have a feeling that the four openers effected this very little. I mean honestly, what audience could they have possibly stolen from it? I guess some of the teen maybe, but that's a very minimal part of Brave's audience. I think it will be OK. 45% drop at worst.

MM could have stolen MOMs for instance?