As someone who has the main character from one of those movies as your username, you think that's a bad thing?

That being said, the HTTYD comparisons are getting tiresome. Yes, this has a rugged landscape and Scottish accents, so what?

Edited by tribefan695

As someone who has the main character from one of those movies as your username, you think that's a bad thing?

That being said, the HTTYD comparisons are getting tiresome. Yes, this has a rugged landscape and Scottish accents, so what?

It just didn't feel epic

I DON'T KNOW WHAT ALL YOU NEGATIVE NANCIES ARE ON BUT I AM PUMPED AS HELL

It was nowhere near as bad as anything Cars 2 put out, I'll say that. From where I'm standing it looks about par for the course as far as Pixar trailers go.

I mean, doesn't anyone remember Carl blowing that raspberry, the Linkin Logs groaner, or "At Last" in the WALL-E trailer?

Edited by tribefan695

I think the teaser had me more exited, but nonetheless the trailer was good, just forced in too much comedic moment.

I didn't notice the comedic moments feeling "forced," but that's me. I remember thinking the Ratatouille trailers having a lot of "forced" comedy in it so I don't think it's impossible, just didn't think it was as bad as others...

That said, Ratatouille ended up being my favorite Pixar film of all time, so I'm hoping for a similar result here.

It was nowhere near as bad as anything Cars 2 put out, I'll say that. From where I'm standing it looks about par for the course as far as Pixar trailers go.

I mean, doesn't anyone remember Carl blowing that raspberry, the Linkin Logs groaner, or "At Last" in the WALL-E trailer?

Yeah as I mentioned above, it's not like I've loved every single trailer Pixar has put out. I was purposefully overreacting here but I really am pumped for this now. Scenery looks great, it looks like they have the heart of their story fleshed out ("If you could change your fate, would you"), now just curious to see if they execute as well as they usually do.

So far though, I can't wait.

^ Yeah, I know I shouldn't be surprised because it is the interwebs after all, but it still makes me shake my head. Scottish accents - it's a HTTYD ripoff!! Fighting princess - Mulan!!

There's a girl in it too. They ripped off Salt!! Oh, and the bear?? They ripped off The Jungle Book!! Oh, and there was an arrow flying through air... JUST LIKE ROBIN HOOD!! OMG, there was a queen, JUST LIKE THE QUEEN!!

I really don't think the majority here are saying it's going to be crap.. I think a lot of us just don't feel the excitement for this as we have with other Pixar films, granted we are all aware that their trailers tend to underwhelm. Even though we are used to that from Pixar trailers, some of the magic just didn't quite come through... that's all.. but I still think most of us think it's going to be a solid, enjoyable film that should erase Cars 2 from our memories.