/Film 7/10

I don't understand this review....so the movie succeeds in execution but because the critic expected something different it should get penalized? I expect much better from Slashfilm.

So far so good. But it’s at this point that

Brave

changes. We won’t spoil it here because the reveal has so purposefully been left out of all the marketing (though I’m sure it’s been spoiled elsewhere), but the film undergoes such a surprising, drastic shift, it’s almost like it reboots itself.

That makes it almost sound like Wall-E. All the critics hated the 2nd act but that was the point. You could say the same about Up too. As soon as they landed on the island the film "changed."

This reception almost makes me more anxious to see it so I can judge for myself whether it's really lesser Pixar or if they're being too hard on it in light of Cars 2 and/or its promises of "feminism"

It isn`t that feminism is absent from the after-twist, it`s just that it isn`t the type some were looking forward due to misleading trailer.

I'm ok with another Cars 1 if it means Pixar are getting back to where they were before Cars 2. I think the actual plot we didn't see in the trailers makes it sound much less conventional than what we did see, so I don't know why critics would call it "safe" if they were expecting it to be like the trailer.

A 7 for pixar is like a 5 for a dreamworks animation movie. Its becoming increasingly clear it will be a good animation feature but not great that you expect from pixar? It almost sounds from the reviews they had a 2 great films and they combined both to make a good film with less cohesion than a typical pixar flick

Edited by Hasan Ahmad

A 7 for pixar is like a 5 for a dreamworks animation movie. Its becoming increasingly clear it will be a good animation feature but not great that you expect from pixar? It almost sounds from the reviews they had a 2 great films and they combined both to make a good film with less cohesion than a typical pixar flick

So everyone is treating BRAVE like a new Dreamworks Animation movie? :)