Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I suppose I shouldn't have said there were no hints but normally Martin isn't very subtle about such things. I picked up on those things you mentioned but i guess i just dismissed them. Then again, I don't think there was ever a first person narrative for Renly or Loras. They are always part of someone else's story.

I suppose I shouldn't have said there were no hints but normally Martin isn't very subtle about such things. I picked up on those things you mentioned but i guess i just dismissed them. Then again, I don't think there was ever a first person narrative for Renly or Loras. They are always part of someone else's story.

Plus there was the Stannis/Renly confrontation, which will be in Episode 4 based on the previews, where in the book:

Renly says that Margaery came to him a virgin and Stannis, in a rare early display of snark, says that in Renly's bed she's likely to die that way. Big clue right there that Renly can't seal the hetero deal.

So the hints and implications early on were plenty.And no, we never got a Renly or Loras POV. A Renly POV would have been illuminating but short-sighted since while he is around a lot of politics and whatnot he doesn't figure into the main story really until Robert gets boared. A Loras POV, while also illuminating, would have been insufferable based on how his character was written.The one thing this series has lacked has been a Tyrell POV.

Edited by 4815162342

All of them are narcs, but for different reasons.

Petyr is a narc, but only when ratting out serves his own interests.

Varys is a narc, but see above.

Pycelle is a narc, and is a Lannister toady so he would snitch to Cersei no matter what.

True to all that. Also, I suspect that Varys saw the test (of, if you will, trap) that Tyrion was giving, particularly, where, in the show, the offer was for Theon Greyjoy, which Varys would have been skeptical of anyway.

for some reason i decided not to watch the premiere or subsequent episode until i was done with "a dance with dragons" and now that i've finish reading that as i posted in the book thread , i finally got around to watching all 3 episodes back to backthe best part is not having reread the books so far, so the tv show feels new to me and it always takes me a sec or two to remember that scene in the bookGREAT JOB WITH THE DIREWOLVES , i'll edit my post tomorrow , its 5 in the morning and i'm suitably tired post these 3 episome actors nailed their roles others not convinced , though i can't remember if at this point those dragons are supposed to still be that tiny , i mean drogon is the biggest shouldnt they be the size of a squirrel now instead of a lizard ?

Absolutely loved the latest episode, best of the season so far!Brienne and Margaery were fantastic, I can't wait for Brienne's future story in particular. I think the changes to Arya's wanderings make sense, it'll cut out a lot of unnecessary filler.

I keep thinking about next season. I hope beyond hope that they decide to leave in Lady Olenna. She's pure comedy.

She's a great character, one of the best female supporting characters in the series. BUT, because of the 10 episode seasons, I would not be surprised if they compress a lot of her into Margaery, which is easier to do now that they aged up Margaery a handful of years. Of course, the downside of the Margaery aging is that future events with her will seem VERY weird unless they change things up a bit. :blink:It isn't confirmed, but the title for Episode 10 is apparently "Valar Morghulis." My reaction: B) B) B)

If they split SoS into 2 seasons it will be easier to leave her in. I hope so. It just wouldn't be near the same having Margaery say/do some of those things.I'm betting that the end of Season 2 will use the prologue from SoS. That would be one hell of an ending to this season.

God, they have to put the Queen of Thorns in, she's a favourite character of many people! I refuse to think they'll cut her out. And I think ageing up Margaery and the thing that happens in the future will be hilarious, I really can't wait to see that on TV. Stuff like that happened in history.

Please spoiler box guys, I've been afraid to browse this thread since the last few episodes.

Anything that's an actual spoiler has been boxed. You're being too timid, we're not idiots.Speculating uber-generically about whether a character's role will expand from in the books is not a spoiler. Discussing uber-generically that changes made from Book to Show will alter how a character will get perceived is not a spoiler. Wondering whether a chapter from the 3rd book will be part of Season 2 (with no details given) is not a spoiler. Edited by 4815162342

HBO!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT GIVE THE EPISODE 2-3 MORE MINUTES SO WE COULD GET THE PAYOFF FOR THE SCENE!!!! :angry: :angry:Seriously, 1 extra scene showing the payoff of that final scene would have made things perfect, instead of holding that scene over for likely the first scene of next episode.

HBO!!!! WHY DID YOU NOT GIVE THE EPISODE 2-3 MORE MINUTES SO WE COULD GET THE PAYOFF FOR THE SCENE!!!! :angry: :angry:Seriously, 1 extra scene showing the payoff of that final scene would have made things perfect, instead of holding that scene over for likely the first scene of next episode.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I couldn't believe they left it right there.

The episode was definitely the best of the season so far and if they had just had 3 more minutes to have the payoff scene for the final scene shown, it might have been the best of the whole series so far.Harrenhall looked incredibly spooky when they were showing the wide shot from a distance. Lives up to its haunted reputation.Roose Bolton and The Tickler both looked and felt like their book counterparts which was good.The return of Tywin was great, just rolling in like a boss and taking charge.

They did some really smart and great condensing in this episode. Having the Tickler at Harrenhal and Renly already being at Storm's End.And

having Melisandre kill Renly with the shadow child she birthed as opposed to Penrose.

Took out a lot of unnecessary filler that way.