Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think you guys dont get it.

2 episodes ago she was ready to give all she had to protect the north and now she is burning kids for kicks lol...

FIFY

2 episodes ago she was ready to give all she had to protect the north because she knew support of the armies of the north and if she didn't she'd have to defeat both the WW and Kings Landing by herself and now she is burning kids because she realizes she has lost her claim to the Throne and that the North will not back her over Snow.  Since she has always been about winning the throne AT ANY cost she realized ( and said ) that the only way she could rule is through fear. 

14 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

If this helps.

Don't forget the group that chased after Sansa and tried to gang rape her. 

Honestly, I can understand why she snapped. She lost nearly everything important to her to avoid hurting  these innocent people, and in the end, nobody cared. Instead, they just loved Jon Snow, or Sansa or Arya. I also wonder if she was also just blazing through the city in hopes to kill Jon, because she will not give up the throne without a fight.

12 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Rewatches for this show are gonna be interesting. Endings either enhance the journey or make it pointless. 

You got that right.

Jaime- spent a good chunk of the series trying to slowly redeem himself, and with the knowledge from the books that Cersei would die from being strangled by her younger brother, I was looking forward to her finally getting killed by the very guy she had been belittle and insulting the whole time. When he finds out she was screwing Euron, that should have been the last straw and he end it there, instead of what we got. Now, when I watch the series, I simply do not care about him at all, because all the character development was for nothing.

The Hound. So, you mean to tell me that the Lord of Light brought him back just to kill his zombie brother, who was dead in the books a long time ago? Seriously, the way he was falling in with the brotherhood without banners, I'd figure he would turn a new leaf and start a path becoming a red priestess. I know everyone was excited about this Clegane Bowl, but, I was being led to believe he would be something more.

Tyrion. WTF? Varys saves his life, plans on introducing him to Queen Daenerys and be given a second chance at life to undo all the bad his Lannister family has caused Westeros, only to throw the man under a bus (even though it was Tyrion who told him about Jon's true parentage to begin with). Then, same episode, he betrays Dany by freeing his brother. 

Arya. WTF? Why in the hell was she here to begin with? I bet she had more scenes than anyone else in this episode, and it was all for nothing. She should have just stayed in Winterfell and marry Gendry, that way we can finally have Jon Snow do something great for once in this entire season.

• Like 1

Holy hell, this episode was great entertainment! Action and production values were absolutely phenomenal!

Also holy hell, this could have been ...

THIS COULD HAVE BEEN SO SO SO MUCH BETTER

Its Anakin and the younglings again but way more cruel. Im actually a fan of the mad queen theory as thats clearly foreshadowed in the books. But the way they do it here ... no, that was just STUPID.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Also, D&D managed to violate one of the greatest characters in fantasy fiction - Jamie Lannister - in just 2 episodes.

Also, Tyrion might be the dumbest person living in Westeros now.

Also Arya is at least Batman because no, if her name wasnt Arya she would have died 10 times here.

Also Cerseis death was so ... bland. A really bland and disappointing death (the same for Jamie).

Also Euron SUCKS.

Also the Iron Fleet is sometimes a dragon-killing-teleporting magic fleet and here its more useless than me in a math class.

Also clearly, D&D dont give a fuck about story and character consistency. They just want the plot that they want to happen - to happen, no matter how stupid their scripts get.

Also, dont get me wrong: Im way past the point of anger at this point. I just enjoy this show literally going down in flames now.

Its still very entertaining in its stupidity and i never felt bored this whole season so far. But GOT's legacy, imo, is shattered at this point.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ozymandias said:

i'd still recommend seasons 1-6 to anyone who hasn't seen GOT.

I actually watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 after this debacle last night.  Its so good.

Seasons 1-4 are masterpieces and they always will be. Season 5 imo has its ups and downs, but overall its still good. Season 6 is very solid, countering its storytelling flaws with very satiesfying moments and Episode 10 is maybe the best episode of the whole show.

Season 7 is entertaining but way too rushed and becomes extremely stupid after Episode 4.

• Like 1

It went downhill when they introduced teleportation and forgot about distance. 

The first seasons had so many characters in so many places who never met that you had a sense of great distance within the world. 

The contrast between the last 2 seasons and the previous seasons in this regard is quite stark. 

6 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Wonder if this is a good case of why just because you have a set ending doesn't mean it's necessarily a good thing. Cause I imagine the main events of this episode would have been what GRMM set out for D&D. 

Its all about execution.

Take this:

Some russian guys kill a dog. The owner gets mad and kills the russians.

Sounds kinda funny and ridiculous, doesnt it? Well, John Wick is still a great movie.

Knowing what will happen isnt enough. Its not more than the most basic groundwork. What you do with these things is the important part.

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i'd still recommend seasons 1-6 to anyone who hasn't seen GOT.

I actually watched the first 3 episodes of season 1 after this debacle last night.  Its so good.

Seasons 1-4 are great, but I’m not comfortable recommending something to someone with a “make sure you only watch the first 60%” caveat :sadno: