Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Just now, 4815162342 said:

You catch Jon Snow's official royal nickname?

The White Wolf.

The writers know what side the bread is buttered on.

I did indeed brother.

But Jon Snow is no Geralt of Rivia. He cannot compare to the Butcher of Blaviken. Jon Snow is a whoreson (no more) compared to Geralt.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

What a packed episode. And like I thought, John is a targaryen. I wonder how this will pan out with Danny. I can see it now, maybe not with her but in an episode where fire engulfs and kills everyone but leaves John uneffected, leaving him being like wtf? (kind of like how danny first discovered it)

So I'm a bit confused: when the grandmother went to doran and had that meeting, who were they referring too as help? Danny? Someone else

Yes, it was clearly Dany and her army

I'm not sure about the whole Cerci rising to power thing, it just felt way over dramatic and everything laying out perfectly for it to work. Plus we never really get a feel for how she feels about her last child dying, she didn't look upset nor happy (for revenge I guess against him), she just seemed neutral to it which is weird. 

Cersei had started to lay out a plan as soon as they made her do her shame walk, and you can see she's gunning for revenge when Gregor carries her off in the season 5 finale. They were just smart to not show us her true plan this season so we get the big bang so to speak in this episode. But it certainly wasn't a reach they would have thought to use the wildfire to get rid of the High Sparrows, especially since Dr. Frankenstein there was already keen to it. As for her reaction to Tommen, she was already prepared for it. Once Myrcella died she consented to the fact that she would lose all her children like she was told by the fortune teller. At this point she's basically a cold, numb machine who just cares about making everyone else miserable like she is.

Was it just me that was annoyed with Davos? I mean seriously dude, he's getting all emotional now at the red witch for killing the girl but as I recall, wasn't it him that begged the red witch to use said power to bring John back to life? Hypocrite much? So it's okay for her to use her magic when it's what you want? And I loved the witch's comment back at him, basically saying yeah, I didn't see her father nor even her mother doing anything so they even approved the kill and didn't lift a finger.  (look, it was one of the most horrific moments I felt in game of thrones watching her burn to death, not saying it wasn't the witches fault, on the contrary. However, davos acts like he had no part in it or blame).

Davos had every right to his reaction and it would have been way out of character for him to be any other way about it. He hated Melisandre all along and only partnered with her out of sheer desperation at the beginning of the season. Davos was absent when Shireen's burning happened, or we all know full well he would have NEVER stood for it. So I don't see how he's partly to blame. Jon was clearly disgusted to find out about it too, however also torn because he does know she's the reason he's alive in the first place. Hence why he offers her the option to flee instead of ordering her executed. 

I don't know why, but I just feel like they are setting Danny up to fail to me. It just seems like they are making her look so badass, only so that when she fails into pieces it tears everyones heart out.

Yeah, I get a really bad feeling about that as well. Her death could be the big soul crushing moment left to play that we all know this show loves so much. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I gotta say, this is probably the most ludicrous and hilariously dark way to attain the throne and I figured you'd be all over it.

Blows up the Septum, King commits suicide, Cersei is absolved of her trial and given title of Queen, because.

The entire show is just silly so I'm all for them contriving ways to keep the talent around and busy. Especially since two of the other leads aren't good actors and the other two haven't had anything worthwhile to do in years.

So I say up the camp and have FrankenGregor tear through Dany's army like Sauron at the start of Fellowship.

• Like 4

What a fucking finale. Also, props to the awesome subtle acting by Harrington and Turner in the "winter is here" part overlooking Winterfell. They really just brought home six seasons worth of emotions and memories in just a couple of seconds. I know those two sometimes have gotten flack for their acting in the series, but they crushed it this season. 

Also, that episode might give Headey the Emmy win, not just nom. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

The entire show is just silly so I'm all for them contriving ways to keep the talent around and busy. Especially since two of the other leads aren't good actors and the other two haven't had anything worthwhile to do in years.

So I say up the camp and have FrankenGregor tear through Dany's army like Sauron at the start of Fellowship.

I think as soon as Cersei learns about the Starks retaking the North she's going to send FrankenGregor there to murder them all.

And who else is heading North? That's right. Cleganebowl hype lives.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I did indeed brother.

But Jon Snow is no Geralt of Rivia. He cannot compare to the Butcher of Blaviken. Jon Snow is a whoreson (no more) compared to Geralt.

Plus Geralt is better with the redheads than Jon.

• Like 3

Really phenomenal episode, that opening alone with the space dialogue and the (sonata?) that played in the background as the highlight.

Sapochnik better get that Emmy, because both of these episodes were two of the best that television has ever had to offer.

Edited by The Pandaren
  • Like 6

I have a few questions..

Dorne is a natural ally to Danny due to Elia?

Cerci did not intend for Tommen to die? 

Tommen death who is actually in line ? 

Tyrells entire house is dead apart from Grandmother? 

Where is Euron? 

I really don't think Cercei wanted Tommen to die or else she wouldn't have sent The Mountain to block him from going to The Sept. 

Yeah I don't get the whole thing with Euron.  They built him up for no reason at all now that Dany has her ships.  

• Like 2

Oh yeah, Ramin Djawadi better get that Original Score Emmy win for "Light of the Seven".  That was brilliant, he's really perfected his game this season, especially in this episode in particular (no wonder the majority of the album tracks are from this episode).

• Like 1

It was good but some of the moments felt forced, like they were killing characters and plots left and right just so they can simplify as we get closer to the end. Not a fan of any of the Lannister plot but Tommen committing suicide, that crazy witch was right. It's obvious Cersai won't survive through the end so what's the point really?

Edited by GiantCALBears

2 hours ago, K1stpierre said:

So I'm a bit confused: when the grandmother went to doran and had that meeting, who were they referring too as help? Danny? Someone else?

I'm not sure about the whole Cerci rising to power thing, it just felt way over dramatic and everything laying out perfectly for it to work. Plus we never really get a feel for how she feels about her last child dying, she didn't look upset nor happy (for revenge I guess against him), she just seemed neutral to it which is weird. 

I did not see Arya coming out like that, that part was probably the most wtf of the entire episode to me, very well done. 

They were referring to Danny, Varys being there drove it home.

Cersei already knew he was dying, seriously. Deep inside she had already accepted it after her daughter died, he was just a dead man walking to her. She's just out to make everyone else as miserable as her by now.

She's a true Ice Queen now and I'm just fine with that cause she's becoming unbelievably badass.

Arya's part in this episode was such a FUCK YEAH! moment, God. FREY PIE! Funny that she was the one to deliver it too in the episode that we finally get Lord Manderly in the show.

2 hours ago, MrPink said:

I gotta say, this is probably the most ludicrous and hilariously dark way to attain the throne and I figured you'd be all over it.

Blows up the Septum, King commits suicide, Cersei is absolved of her trial and given title of Queen, because.

Sometimes you've just gotta stop overthinking it and go with the flow. Cersei as the ultimate Ice Queen? I'm buying it, happily!

2 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

That picture in Littlefinger's head just got a little more blurry. 

Littlefinger's gonna fuck up the Starks little moment of happiness, isn't he? :sadben:

2 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

What a fucking finale. Also, props to the awesome subtle acting by Harrington and Turner in the "winter is here" part overlooking Winterfell. They really just brought home six seasons worth of emotions and memories in just a couple of seconds. I know those two sometimes have gotten flack for their acting in the series, but they crushed it this season. 

Honestly? I teared up a little in that moment. Winter is finally here, thank the Gods. It was an amazing moment, so much catharsis in that moment,I loved it, it might have been my favorite scene of the whole season.

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

Btw, Lady Mormont FTW!!  

Best character of the season.