Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

11 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

I wonder whether the Kingslayer will become the Queenslayer now... especially in the series that would make a lot of sense.

After what happened in Kings Landing which the Kingslayer tried to prevent in the first place.  And the look he gave to her, you betcha.  I can only speculate its during the invasion by Daenerys.  Cersei probably try to blow up the whole city to make sure no one gets the prize.  Sore loser's last defiance.  She lost everything except the crown as of now.

All I need to say is that Margaery has been my favorite character since season 5. I deeply respect how she protected her brother, and loved her even more when she amazingly adapted to her new circumstances when she saw her brother in prison. She saw right through the High Sparrow's manipulation.

I am gutted that she died. I love Margaery. She represents everything intelligent and SINCERE, and to see her killed in a terrorist attack was awful...but she remained true to herself to the very end. I will always love and respect her for it. I wanted Cersei to destroy all the religious fanatics after she went through that disgusting atonement. Now...I want her to die a painful death...for killing Margaery.

Ollena is my Queen now, and she will destroy Cersei.

• Like 4

Sunday cable ratings: ‘Game of Thrones’ scores series high with Season 6 finale

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/06/28/sunday-cable-ratings-june-26-2016/

The season finale of “Game of Thrones” recorded the best same-day ratings in the show’s history Sunday.

The HBO show drew a 4.4 rating among adults 18-49, topping its previous best of 4.0 set twice earlier in the season. Its 8.89 million viewers were also a series best for live + same-day, beating the 8.11 million for the Season 5 finale in 2015.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Noctis said:

All I need to say is that Margaery has been my favorite character since season 5. I deeply respect how she protected her brother, and loved her even more when she amazingly adapted to her new circumstances when she saw her brother in prison. She saw right through the High Sparrow's manipulation.

Reveal hidden contents

Ollena is my Queen now, and she will destroy Cersei.

Marg ended up being the Anne Boleyn of GoT after all. An ambitious queen who was an excellent politician but was capable of being charitable towards the less unfortunate, and then unfairly executed by the people she posed a threat to. I wish Grandma had dropped a Sansa necklace bead into Cersei's cup at the Purple Wedding too.

Also, she called her own fate more than two years back

tumblr_n3n51bGOuw1qbivzbo2_250.gif

• Like 6

9 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

I wonder whether the Kingslayer will become the Queenslayer now... especially in the series that would make a lot of sense.

Ive been shipping Jaime strangling Cersei to death since I finished season 3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

Sunday cable ratings: ‘Game of Thrones’ scores series high with Season 6 finale

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2016/06/28/sunday-cable-ratings-june-26-2016/

The season finale of “Game of Thrones” recorded the best same-day ratings in the show’s history Sunday.

The HBO show drew a 4.4 rating among adults 18-49, topping its previous best of 4.0 set twice earlier in the season. Its 8.89 million viewers were also a series best for live + same-day, beating the 8.11 million for the Season 5 finale in 2015.

When you factor in that this was just US viewers and that (even more so than ever) the majority of GOT watchers don't watch it live (they either stream or play it whenever they want given how HBO works), that is very impressive.

With 1 1/2 - 2 seasons left, I'm starting to wonder if GOT will ever slow down before it ends.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShouldIBeHere said:

That's been a recurring theory since Book 4 came out with the prophecy (which the show truncated). Certainly possible.

I know its already been said like a million times BUT Jesus H Christ - the first 20 mins of this episode is one of the best scenes/set pieces I have ever seen (in film or TV). Sapochnik is a genius (as is Djawadi, The Light of the Seven has been on heavy rotation on my Spotify today). 

All in all definitely one of the stronger seasons - despite a bit of a lull eps 6 through 8, for the most part I think the show runners have done a good job of getting all the pieces and players lined up right where they want them for the end game. And technically/artistically this season has been superb - so many beautiful shots throughout the season.

April 2017 cannot get here fast enough (D+D please don't make us wait any longer!)

• Like 3

Highest overnight PayTV (cable) ratings ever in Australia.

The final episode of Game of Thronesseason 6 has broken records, pulling the highest Overnight total audience in subscription television history and smashing its own record.

The finale recorded a total audience of 737,000 in total Overnight viewers, across 2 playouts. It drew 382,000 at 11am (on a non-public holiday no less) plus another 355,000 at 7:30pm.

http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2016/06/game-of-thrones-finale-breaks-pay-tv-records.html

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

Honestly though, I am just in total awe of the "Hold the Door", "Battle of the Bastards", and " The Winds of Winter" episodes this season. All are far and away the top three in the series history and maybe even the top three eps on any show I've ever watched. I simply can't praise all the people involved in them enough. I'll also admit I never expected the true spark of my passion for the show to be re-lit after the bland season 5, I assumed that the show had peaked. So happy they stomped all over my preconceptions this year. I'm more hooked on this show now than ever before. 

2 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Honestly though, I am just in total awe of the "Hold the Door", "Battle of the Bastards", and " The Winds of Winter" episodes this season. All are far and away the top three in the series history and maybe even the top three eps on any show I've ever watched. I simply can't praise all the people involved in them enough. I'll also admit I never expected the true spark of my passion for the show to be re-lit after the bland season 5, I assumed that the show had peaked. So happy they stomped all over my preconceptions this year. I'm more hooked on this show now than ever before. 

I think "The Door" is the best episode of the season. Not that the last two weren't amazing- the battle was amongst the best battles I've ever seen committed to film- but at the same time the end was hugely unsatisfying, and the "Littlefinger saves the day" was seen coming from a mile away and kind of unrealistic. The episode didn't evoke a very emotional reaction from the viewer. Not like "The Door" did. I was literally in tears at the end of that episode, and I was thinking about it for a week afterwards. 

The Battle of the Bastards was an amazing technical achievement, as far as Film & TV production goes, but The Door was a lesson in writing, pacing and character development that few shows ever achieve, in my opinion. Not to mention 5 fucking years of unknown foreshadowing leading up to the most devastating and satisfying payoffs in TV history.

• Like 3