Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

It'd be an interesting plot turn if Dany dies during the invasion, leaving all of her massive army and dragons headless and the Seven Kingdoms in chaos.  That'll likely be Cersei's plan, kill Dany and you don't have to defeat the army.

I'm not positive that'll happen though, I'm just fairly positive this series is not going to play out how all of the speculation articles are claiming

1.Dany and Jon get married

2.Dany takes the iron throne

3.Westeros unites against the walkers

4.Arya gets all of her sweet revenge

5.A few other deaths for some tragedy

6.Happily ever after for the rest

If those general events are the outline going forward, I'll be disappointed, as I've come to expect more out of the series.  I'm not saying it needs to end completely doom and gloom, but I'd hate for the show to just give into the cliches at the very end, when it's done so well not to this far.

But wouldn't happy ending be just what nobody is expecting?

Well, the defeat of the walkers is pretty much locked.

But it can be a bitter sour victory, especially if Westeros is completly ravaged and most of the cast is dead.

I could also be wrong and we could be seeing everyone fleeing to Essos after another epic fail from the heroes.

But I don't think so.

Yeah, Littlefinger is a big wildcard who everyone has temporarily forgotten about for some reason :P He won't just let the Dany/Jon union happen as that will reduce his own power some more. Though with how efficient the show had made him, I'm surprised he hasn't prepared or seems to be much aware of the incoming Targaryean comeback feat. his old buddy rival Varys.

23 hours ago, The Pandaren said:

It'd be an interesting plot turn if Dany dies during the invasion, leaving all of her massive army and dragons headless and the Seven Kingdoms in chaos.  That'll likely be Cersei's plan, kill Dany and you don't have to defeat the army.

I'm not positive that'll happen though, I'm just fairly positive this series is not going to play out how all of the speculation articles are claiming

If those general events are the outline going forward, I'll be disappointed, as I've come to expect more out of the series.  I'm not saying it needs to end completely doom and gloom, but I'd hate for the show to just give into the cliches at the very end, when it's done so well not to this far.

Cersei will definitely try to repeat the wildfire massacre post the success of the Sept explosion. King's Landing is pretty much booby-trapped, especially when you bring in dragons that can easily ignite the vast caches of wildfire. I don't know how that will play off but hopefully with huge losses on Dany's side (just to keep things interesting for the White Walker attack). It would be interesting to see whether Dany herself is susceptible to this different kind of fire. I can see Tyrion trying to warn her but her characteristic arrogance getting the better of her.

Martin himself said the ending of the series is bittersweet. For whatever reason everyone thinks the story is so predictable from now on, but I think there are going to be a couple of big twists that no one sees coming. I could be giving too much credit to GRRM and D+D though, and the ending they are telegraphing will happen.

• Like 1

On 7/9/2016 at 7:00 PM, The Panda said:

I am ready to accept that Dany might die in a fight with the white walkers. The series name is A Song of Iace and Fire and Dany is clearly the fire, even with the big Jon reveal. But killing her in the invasion is plain stupid. We waited 6 seasons for her to go to Westeros. Yeah, it can be a big setup, but at this point it would feel like a cheap gimmick and I think Martin is above that. Like it or not, she is the most popular character on the show. The Red Wedding worked because exactly because it truly was shocking. And let's say they kill off Dany. That leaves you with what? Dragons that can't be controlled (and if they seriously pull off a Jon is a Targaryen and he can ride dragons shit, then good bye GoT - it took Dany, their freakin mother, a hell lot of time to control them), an army of Dothraki that would never obey a Westerosi, and who will fight the white walkers? Jon? With what army? I mean let's be honest: we all know the white walkers will only be defeated by dragons and that won't be possible without Dany. Also, Jon and Dany married... I really don't want that. John doesn't deserve the freakin throne. He had to be saved every single time. If he listened to Sansa then thousands of his people would still be alive. I really hope he dies at the end.

• Like 3

Yeah, Invasion of KL is too early to outright kill Dany even for shock purposes. I don't even want her to die, just not have the Iron Throne at the end because she is unfit to be a ruler and there isn't enough time left to effectively show her learn and excel at the game. Ditto for Jon.

Rumors of Angela Lansbury joining too.

And yay for Outstanding Drama, Writing and Direction. Hopefully Lena wins next year, she should have the meatiest material (probably for anyone on the show yet) and if most of us are right, it will be her last chance.

Edited by Spidey Freak