Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Apart from the cold opening not really the sexiest of episodes but your typical opening season here's where everyone is episode.

Spoiler

I couldn't watch the into to Samwell, literally feces on screen grosses me out.  And hey that was Jim Broadbent.  

Spoiler

Also that was Ed Sheeran and it did take me out for a bit

Edited by DAR

I thought it was a great opening episode.  Right next to Two Swords as the best season opener.

The cold open was fantastic, and it did a great job setting the stage for the madness to go down.  I really liked the scenes with the Hound, it's really nice to see his subtle redemption.

28 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Great premiere.Made me really excited of what's to come.Even with the little screentime,Dany's story arc seems like the most excited for now,with Arya's being a close second(her big scene was GOAT).

I was thinking I will be in the minority of thinking this is a great premier. But seeing social media, a good majority seriously liked this episode. Aside from cold open, Ed Sheeran cameo and ending, I loved this episode.

Can we discuss spoilers without tags?

• Like 1

If only they were somehow aware that it was on today. 

"We are devastated that due to unprecedented demand, we are experiencing problems with our online services this evening. Obviously this comes at a time when so many of our customers are wanting to watch the first episode of season 7 of Game of Thrones.

We can assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve these problems. 

We can also assure customers that as soon as the issue is resolved they will be able to watch the episode using the On Demand features of our service. 

We will keep you updated as we seek to resolve the problem. 

Again Foxtel apologises for the frustration this situation has caused."

Edited by DeeCee

It wasn't the best season premiere but it was fine and mostly table setting like most premieres are. Cersei counts her enemies, Dany arrives, Jon and Sansa have a power struggle with Baelish creeping in the corner, arya getting some more sweet sweet revenge. Everything in this episode is just "the day after" of all the awesome things that happened in last year's finale which is fine. Arya killing all the Freys was satisfying and the Cersei-Jamie-Euron exchange was fun but if anything makes the episode is the smaller moments.

Like Sam's frantically edited routine at Oldtown, or the Hound making fun of Thoros man bun (basically the Hound doing or saying anything) and most of all the second Arya scene. The way it plays out I think it's one of the best scenes of the show where nothing happens. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

P.S. Am I the only one thinking that James will kill Cersei??

That is a popular theory among the book readers based on book stuff not included in the show.

Solid premiere.

Massive ratings in Australia.  This year it was a regular work day plus there was no sport.  There's an 11am broadcast the same time as the US and than another at 8:30 that night.  Not sure which is which.

Rank Description Channel\Market (r) National STV
1 GAME OF THRONES showcase 447,000
2 GAME OF THRONES showcase 352,000
3 LIVE: AFL 360 FOX FOOTY 99,000
4 GAME OF THRONES: STORY SO FAR showcase 86,000

This was the premiere for season 6 last year.  It fell on the ANZAC Day public holiday.

Rank Description Channel\Market (r) National STV
1 GAME OF THRONES showcase 396,000
2 LIVE: AFL COLLINGWOOD V ESSENDON FOX FOOTY 321,000
3 LIVE: NRL DRAGONS V ROOSTERS FOX SPORTS 1 299,000
4 GAME OF THRONES showcase 285,000

1 hour ago, 4815162342 said:

But I am so so so so disappointed in how fucking ordinary they made Euron. He's basically a murder-happy frat bro with some loose marbles.

Book Euron is legitimately scary.

I liked Euron, we also only got one real scene with him (and his character was trying to make a particular impression).  Given he's being played a little psychotically, I could see some of the book Euron coming out in a few scenes.

I also liked Cersei and Jaime's interaction with him.