12 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

#GOTS8 prediction
E01: Setups and reunions
E02: Setup for BOW
E03: BOW
E04: Aftermaths of BOW and setup for Battle of Throne
E05: Battle of Throne
E06: Battle of Throne - #JonSnow king.

This is how boring GoT is now. Ever since GRRM material ended, makers are just doing fan service. It felt good in S6 as finally for first time our heroes won. So a relief. Now there isn't really any fear for the main characters as it is known that they will be safe or some ex-machina will happen.

Ffs they made walkers joke. Just compare Hardhome and Beyond the Wall. Hardhome showed us how brutal walkers gonna be. There was sense of fear. Come s07e06, 7 main characters hold off an army of walkers without single one dying. huh.

From s01e01, show is hyping Winter is Comimg & walkers, and now they will be done and dusted in just one episode. I wonder we can cram all the walkers stuff in show till now in just one or two episodes.

I lost interest in Kings Landing politics once Tywin died and was majorly interested in north, nights watch and walkers. All of these are most likely rushed to finish in just one episode. gah.

Maybe if the show is just so bad don’t watch it and be a buzzkill to be a buzzkill to the people who are liking it?

The show is such a schlock-fest since deviating from the books. I know you could say it always was a bit trashy, but it was at least well-paced, dialogue-rich trash. Now it doesn't even have memorable conversations, and can't seem to stay on a scene for more than a couple of minutes.

(I did like Sam's revelation at his family's demise though. That was a gut-punch.)

Edited by Hatebox

Sam scene was awesome especially because Dany was hard to read in terms of regret or lack thereof. Jorah was all Oh shit, this is awkward and sad and shouldn't have happened, while Dany was like,they didn't bend the knee, sad about that. :lol:

Edited by Valonqar

Me and my friends (disclaimer: we love the books) just screamed out of frustration when the first bit of dialogue from this new episode was literally a no balls joke. Oh my Fucking God!

That beeing said:

Overall i thought it was a solid episode. The pacing was good, the 50 Minutes flew by. Production design is incredible as always, though some of the lighting effects were off in the dragon scenes, making them look a bit fake. Dragon riding was the definition of pure fanservice and i didnt really like it. I do however really liked the Set-Up in this first episode and the scene with Sam and Jon was great. The dialogue in most scenes is bad, but that was to be expected and didnt bother me as much as i thought. Eurons Scenes and dialogue were terrible, but they were also extremely entertaining.

I can say that im looking forward for the shows attempt at a conclusion more than before i saw this episode.

On 4/15/2019 at 4:07 AM, gadd said:

One of the best season premieres of the show for sure, can't understand people who criticize the show for indulging in too much spectacle and are then disappointed when an entire episode is made up of character moments. God bless D&D when they get to work on their Star Wars films. 

I agree. I just wished we had those character moments extended. It's what makes the show for me. Sure, the big battles are awesome, but it's the little moments that make the big battles so awesome to begin with. 

I'm just curious with Arya interacting with the new characters. Some of my favorite moments were with her and the Hound, Tywin and Jaquen H'gar in the past. I would hope we get some one on one with her and Tyrion, Tormund, Jaime and of course, Daenerys. 

On 4/15/2019 at 1:23 PM, Valonqar said:

Yep. Epicness, effects, sets, costumes, battles destroy movie counterparts. 

quesitons about Cersei

Hide contents

they are going with fake pregnancy aren't they? She lied to Jaimie and then Tyrion. she didn't drink wine in front of Tyrion to appear that she is pregnant. that's why he thought she was sincere when she said she would send the army. "she has something to live for". but then we see her sip wine in the scene with Qyburn and then Euron. so not pregnant? nt to mention that prophecy only mentioned 3 children and the prophecy was in the show, unlike the valonquar prophecy. but speaking of, the ironic crossbow is gonna come back to bite her in the ass isn't it?

That whole scene had me a bit confused with her

getting all teary eyed in the end. Either she lied to Tyrion and Jaime (would Qyburn lie about it too?) or, maybe she and Qyburn really thought she was pregnant to only realize she is in the beginning stages of menopause.

I'm also questioning the whole thing about Qyburn giving Bronn that task. I just can't see it being legit. I do see it more that Qyburn just wants Bronn out of King's Landing so he can't be around when the Golden Company and Cersei begin to make their plans and he doesn't walk in on them. Sure, he could just have Bronn killed,  but why not try and kill 3 birds with one stone instead?

Edited by Warhorse

27 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

That whole scene had me a bit confused with her

Hide contents

getting all teary eyed in the end. Either she lied to Tyrion and Jaime (would Qyburn lie about it too?) or, maybe she and Qyburn really thought she was pregnant to only realize she is in the beginning stages of menopause.

I'm also questioning the whole thing about Qyburn giving Bronn that task. I just can't see it being legit. I do see it more that Qyburn just wants Bronn out of King's Landing so he can't be around when the Golden Company and Cersei begin to make their plans and he doesn't walk in on them. Sure, he could just have Bronn killed,  but why not try and kill 3 birds with one stone instead?

great point about her being all teary eyed. something is up. maybe she lost the baby offscreen? or, as you say, it's the beginning of menopause?

I hope and pray that Bronn doesn't betray. he's one of my fave characters, don't want him to go down like that. I like your idea it's a pre-emptive strike on Qyburn part.

This was a fairly good setup episode. The new opening sequence is great, though it felt a bit weird after being so used to the other one. My favorite interactions were  Sam/Dany and Arya/Hound but I also really like the little banter between Tyrion and Sansa, shows how much she's grown since the King's Landing days.

One reunion that disappointed me however was Jon/Arya. I guess it was way too anticipated for its own good. It doesn't hold a candle to Jon and Sansa from season 6 which is surprising given that Jon and Sansa were the least "friendly" of the Stark siblings. I guess it's just hard to top the first Stark reunion of the series.

I got to say though, most of the jokes in this episode were terrible. The dick/balls jokes are getting soo repetitive, I mean seriously? And Euron saying how he killed the dudes he was playing/gambling with was supposed to be funny I guess. But it just sucked. Everything about Euron sucks, seems like he's just trying to be as edgy as possible for no reason.

Jon and Dany is another thing that just doesn't work. There is simply no chemistry between them. I wasn't a fan of Ygritte but at least her romance with Jon was compelling and didn't feel forced. Even after all these years, Robb and Talisa still have the best romance that has ever been depicted in GoT. Another thing that botherered me with the dragon riding scene is that Dany doesn't seem to really care that her dragon just casually let someone else ride it.

The last few scenes of the episode were great. "I've aways had blue eyes" cracked me up. The undead Umber boy was very creepy. Oh and what a great way to end the episode, Jaime just like his Lannister siblings is really good at conveying emotions without saying a single word.

Saw the episode again and kinda hate the new title design, I don't know why, but otherwise the episode had some great moments. What I wonder though is how they will explain the White Walkers goal because they have to be something more than just evil zombies, right? Lost and Battlestar Galactica both had main villains being the show's main mystery throughout. And they both did a very special episode towards the end where it was basically a 45 min infodumb just explaining the basics. Game of Thrones can't do that, there's only 5 episodes left and still so much to happen. I hope they aren't just mindless zombies.

So these are the people I am 100% sure are going to die in 7 days:

Spoiler

Jorah

Theon

Beric

Edd

Tormund

Lord Royce

50/50 Odds

Spoiler

Grey Worm

Brienne

Bran

Ghost

Decent Possibility

Spoiler

Pod

Davos

Arya

Rhaegal

Don't Think So Simply Because of Need for a Future Plot Payoff

Spoiler

Jaime

Tyrion

Jon

Dany

Drogon

The Hound

Gendry (the show's ace in the hole for the Iron Throne)

100% Safe No Matter What IMO

Spoiler

Sansa

Gilly/Little Sam

Lyanna Mormont

Missandei