Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

That was exactly the kind of episode I wanted from this season, it almost felt like the penultimate one rather than 5th to last. So many "secondary" characters got incredibly satisfying moments. 

Jenny of the Oldstone brought tears in my eyes.As did many other moments.

It was probably the best written episode in a long time  and I kinda love it and hate it in the same time because they focused so much on these quite moments with the characters that I just dread the moment I will see half of them die next week.A d that's why Jenny of the Oldstone hit so hard.

Brienne being knighted,Sansa AND then, Dany and Jon...absolutely emotionally powerful...

This was a very good episode, the calm before the storm. We got so many character interactions and the closure to many of their respective arcs. I really feel like Brienne is going to die. From her defending Jaime to being knighted, this episode essentially planted a gigantic death flag on her head. Her smile was so beautiful too. Same with Grey worm who had that kind of speech from which you don't come back. An all around emotional episode, I'm extremely hyped for next week.

In the name of the warrior, I charge you to be brave.

In the name of the father, I charge you to be just.

In the name of the mother, I charge you to defend the innocent.

Arise Brienne of Tart, a Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

:worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

That said, for me, the most emotional moment (among many) was Davos meeting the little girl who reminded him so much of the princess Shireen. :( Not only she had a mark on her face, but it's a burn mark (geddit?) instead of greyscale. I was shook. :(:(:( I hope either Davos or Sam&Gilly adopt her. 

Other highlights:

who knew that Arya was hiding big gazongas under her warrior tunic? :lol:

now we know why Tormund likes big women. :rofl:

shipper heaven: Gendrya, J/T (after all, it was Tormund who suggested knighting ten times over), J/B (I bet the knighting clips will be the most watched), Job explains R+L = J to Danaerys, Danerys admits she loves Jon, Grey Worm and Missandei ("my people are peaceful, they can't protrect themselves. "My people are not peaceful, they they'll protect them") 

All the character moments: Tyrion  and Jaimie discussing the look on Tywin's face if he saw them fighting for Winterfell, Sansa&Theon reunion, the knighting party in general, Tyrion and Bran, Jaimie and Bran, Arya and Hound and Beric, Brienn'es hidden pride in Pod, Pod being a badass, Nightwatch reunion, Jorah and Sam, Jorah and Lyanna

next episode will be say goodbye to many characters I fear. :(

Unintentionally funny:

Jon: "if we kill NK, they all die. which is a bummer cause NK won't come"

Bran: "Actually, he will cause he's looking for me. thanks to giving me a tractor beam mark, he knows where I am so he's coming"

Everyone: "Wait, are you saying that if you were in KL, NK would go straight to Cersei and skip Winderfell?"

Bran: "Pretty much"

Everyone: "Oh"

Jon: "so yeah, this should be easy. I sit outside of Winterfell wall, NK shows up and whoever has the thickest plot armor takes him out."

everyone looks at Jon

Jon: "oh"

Edited by Valonqar

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I actually think Twyin would have actually gone to Winterfell with the Lannister forces, he is not an idiot. 

yeah, liberate Winterfell and then stay there. :stirthepot:

Speculation for the next episode, put in tags just in case:

I think that overt emphasis that the crypt is safe is foreshadowing that it isn't. after all, isn't the crypt full of the dead, and if NK decides to rise them...

:thinking: 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty much everyone I talk to agrees about Chekov's Crypt

Apart from the more obvious reasons to get excited about next week, it's also worth mentioning that it'll be the first GOT episode in 3 years directed by Miguel Sapochnik (Hardhome, Battle of the Bastards, The Winds of Winter). Let's hope he brought his A game.

6 hours ago, Valonqar said:

Hide contents

I think that overt emphasis that the crypt is safe is foreshadowing that it isn't. after all, isn't the crypt full of the dead, and if NK decides to rise them...

:thinking: 

Yes. It's what I was thinking. 

I also wonder, if the Night King knows where Bran is by the mark on his arm, could they just cut off his arm from that part?