Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

8 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Yes. It's what I was thinking. 

I also wonder, if the Night King knows where Bran is by the mark on his arm, could they just cut off his arm from that part?

I'm all for it cause I can't stand Exposition Raven ex Machine. :lol: they are overusing his powers whenever the story needs a shortcut to something. Hey, Bran knows! And everyone believes! Good on Dany for being skeptical. About time someone is even if it's just for 3 seconds.

Edited by Valonqar

Very good episode.  Loved all the little character moments.

Top 20 on PayTV in Australia yesterday.  7 of them were Game of Thrones although none of the individual broadcasts manage top spot.  It was a nationwide Public Holiday yesterday so I was able to watch it "live" this time.  

Spoiler
Report: Top 20 Programs
Channels: All Subscription Channels
Market: National STV
Demographics: Total People
Day-part: 02:00 – 26:00
Day: Monday
Date: 22/04/2019
Deliverable: Overnight

Rank Description Channel\Market (r) National STV
1 LIVE: NRL EELS V TIGERS FOX LEAGUE 307,000
2 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 279,000
3 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 258,000
4 LIVE: AFL HAWTHORN V GEELONG FOX FOOTY 256,000
5 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 128,000
6 LIVE: NRL 360 FOX LEAGUE 127,000
7 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 123,000
8 LIVE: MONDAY FOOTY ON FOX FOX FOOTY 102,000
9 LIVE: AFL 360 FOX FOOTY 94,000
10 LIVE: RUGBY LEAGUE: NRL PRE GAME FOX LEAGUE 83,000
11 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 79,000
12 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 71,000
13 LIVE: ON THE COUCH FOX FOOTY 59,000
14 INCREDIBLES 2 Foxtel Movies Disney 57,000
15 GAME OF THRONES FOX SHOWCASE 56,000
16 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 55,000
17 LIVE: MONDAY FOOTY ON FOX FOX FOOTY 54,000
18 FAMILY GUY FOX8 50,000
19 INSIDE THE AMBULANCE Lifestyle Channel 50,000
20 THE SIMPSONS FOX8 49,000

My list of who I think dies/lives in the next episode:

RIP

NK&WW

Beric

Theon

Lady Karstark (I think they deliberately brought a redhead on the show to have a moment where we and Starks think Sansa died but it's just the decoy lady)

Possible but can't make a call:

Jorah (what's his role anymore? he turned down becoming the hand, he's redeemed so what's his point moving forward? I hate them they spare characters only to kill them later but I just don't know what's his purpose anymore)

Bran (wouldn't his character arc end with the defeat of NK? Unless they want to continue to use him as Exposition ex Machine which is more likely) 

Definitely live:

Jon,Dany, Sansa, Arya, Tyrion aka the Plot Armor Gang

The Hound (safe til Clegganebowl)

Jon&Dany's future right hands (Davos, Sam, Brienne, Gendry)

can go either way:

all the rest

This was absolute trash. Boring, predictable, can't see shit, plot armor ahoy, telegraphed twist, laughable slo-mo montage, stupidity galore. where to begin?

it started with a gorgeous shot of Mel-ignited Dothraki weapons, areal shot of their charge and then ominous diminishing of their lights until there was darkness meaning the dead prevailed. That was 1 out of 2 good scenes in the movie. the other is Sansa and Tyrion little moment when they were hiding from the most predictable peril ever - the dead from the crypt. 

the rest was horrible but these are the highlights:

Arya gets a Darth Maul moment where she's spinning her new weapon killing the dead by dozens, only to become a damsel in distress about 2 min later cause The Hound needed a motivation to stop shitting his pants and man up. so he and Beric save Arya, then all 3 save each other and then Mel cryptically tells Arya that she's Azor Ahai. That's the main twist and actually not a bad thing but I'm sure there will be pissed fans. long story short, from that moment forward, the episode tried unsuccessfully to create suspense about who was going to take NK out but since Mel and Arya spelled it out it was going to be Arya, so she was. I think it's nice that she saved her little brother even though he's the most annoying character alive and in this episode, he was both useless and annoying.

so Bran. well, fuck that little shit, but he just warged into ravens for some reason (bait NK?) and stayed like that til the time came for Theon to complete his redemption arc (which he complete 1000 times over). then he and NK just have a really stupid stare-down and Arya jumps NK and stabs him and all WW and the dead get dusted. 

Nk is the most comical villain ever. I'm surprised nobody died laughing cause I sure laughed every time King Meme was on the screen. he and his zombies just aren't interesting opponents enough to warrant 1:20 min episode and all he did was been there done that in a terrific Hardhome (that was short, to the point, filmed in daylight and had actual character moments and no studpidity unlike this trash)

Dragon flights and fights were fuckin laughable and I could barely see WTF was going on. who attacked whom? Like, at some point I thought that Dany on drogon was attacking Jon on Rhaegal. yes, it was that murky.

Unnecessary gruesomeness. Little Lyanna Mormont gets her bones crushed by a zombie giant. she managed to take him out with her last stab but damn that was OTT brutal. and then she zombified but that didn't last thanks to Arya, yay. No seriously, glad this zombie shit is over. it wasn't scary, it wasn't suspenseful, deaths were predictable, plot armor was thick as fuck.

Mel felt so out of place and then she keels over as an old woman and we are supposed to feel sorry or something. whatever

TRASH.

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I'm lawling over that got episode

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Imagine if there were actually people who wanted to see AEG and put it off for that episode :rofl:

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

8+ years led up to this lmao.

2 epic battle climaxes to decades of buildup in a mega-popular franchise.    

One got an A+.

Perfect balance was demanded :Venom:

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 4