Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

seems like the episode is very divisive amoung GOT fans...

I think this is the opposite of Endgame.

As a standalone episode it is really good just that 8 seasons of buildup and the bad guys just all die lol

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

lol at all the negativity. The episode was gripping from start to finish, Miguel Sapochnick is a real talent.

Spoiler

No one really important died though which I didn't expect, important people need to start dying soon lol.

The thing I was dreading for seasons predictably came true. Night King/White Walkers just wanted to froze everything because EVIL and Melisandre/Lord of Light/Ressurections are waved off as vague magical forces. I've done the hating on my fav show because it dumbed down it's central mystery when it was time for answers, with Lost and Battlestar Galactica, so I'm keeping it cool this time. Maybe that's how it always goes when the endgame of your story is build upon a big mystery. The answers would never be as satisfying as the teasing of endless possibilities. Or maybe GRRM has a better more fulfilling answer if he ever finish his books. That 'll be reason enough for me to pick them up and read them despite being spoiled for almost everything.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, Joel M said:

lol at all the negativity. The episode was gripping from start to finish, Miguel Sapochnick is a real talent.

Hide contents

No one really important died though which I didn't expect, important people need to start dying soon lol.

The thing I was dreading for seasons predictably came true. Night King/White Walkers just wanted to froze everything because EVIL and Melisandre/Lord of Light/Ressurections are waved off as vague magical forces. I've done the hating on my fav show because it dumbed down it's central mystery when it was time for answers, with Lost and Battlestar Galactica, so I'm keeping it cool this time. Maybe that's how it always goes when the endgame of your story is build upon a big mystery. The answers would never be as satisfying as the teasing of endless possibilities. Or maybe GRRM has a better more fulfilling answer if he ever finish his books. That 'll be reason enough for me to pick them up and read them despite being spoiled for almost everything.

its not negativity 

1 hour ago, LonePirate said:

And yet her presence was a complete surprise to most if this fan reaction vid is any indication.

because the show is now made for Monday Morning Memes. Arya has always been a legit candidate to take out NK for reasons I explained in another posts. And she had a decent reason to be there before NK. it's just that the scene was directed for "Surprise, bitch" memes. That's all that is. there's no question that the show is still entertaining (if you can see what's going on, that is), but it isn't high art anymore because too meme driven. It sucks that one of the best episodes ever, Hardhome, is most famous for NK's "come at me bro" meme. That's what sucks lately, execution geared towards that instead of staying power.

to me, the episode was unsatisfying because when that cringe domino effect crumble happened, one didn't feel relieved that it was over but more like 'that's it?" and characters in the episode kind of played it the same way. I wished they did something with Arya and Bran to at least give some emotional resonance. like, now that NK is gone, what's the purpose of 3 Eyed Raven? shouldn't he be gone too whether by having Bran die or having Bran come back and 3 eyed raven die? Something, anything. they made a big deal out of NK and Bran/3ER connection and it came to nothing. 

List of really stupid shit:

Dothraki

Lyanna's girl power moment (11 years old charges a zombie troll, gets her bones crushed, still has enough strength to take him out through the eye lololololol)

Anything Jon and Dany did

Bran's whole existence

NK stalling to kill Bran as if waiting for someone to sneak behind him...which is what happened lmao!

the fact that presence of Deus ex Bran and Deus ex Mel robs characters of their agency cause they literally act like chess pieces that those two Deuses arrange on the chess board

fearless badass character turns inexplicably scared and helpless (Arya) to motivate  a fearless badass character that turned inexplicably cowardly (Hound) to get out of his funk

Late minute prophecy (Mel) pushes a character (Arya) towards a goal that they would never think of otherwise 

Sam

The dead from Chekov's Crypt that somehow didn't kill characters incapable of fighting (Varys, Gilly, baby NK, Tyrion, Sansa, Bargain Binreen) 

sheer amount of low-tier characters that somehow survived getting besieged by dozens of zombies each. Like, even if I'm happy that my faves made it, plot armor was so annoying I wished someone died.

general uselessness of even otherwise useful characters

Jon yelling at zombie dragon 

Deus ex Crumble - it looked shit on small scale in season 7 and it looked shittier on big scale 

Music video of slo-mo cringe

Please add more

Edited by Valonqar

I thought this was coming, but I really don’t like that they wrap up the MAGICAL ZOMBIES THREATENING TO PERMANENTLY END ALL LIFE IN WESTEROS  plot in episode 3 like a side dish, and have the season climax be fighting the mean, mostly abandoned by her allies, mortal woman who wants to sit on a pointy chair for the next couple decades.     

There were points when it seemed like the books/show were trying to show how foolhardy it was focusing on small inter-kingdom conflict when this huge existential threat loomed, but the final season structure is like “lol, nope, NK was only the secondary antagonist, Cersei is endboss.”

• Like 1

that was telegraphed the moment everyone rode/sailed to the North to fight NK while Cersei stayed in KL. the chronology of events was the clue which villain would go out first (NK) and which the last (Cersei). Not to mention that S7 reveal how to end all WW at once was big fat sign that cop out was coming and that Long Night would be short. Like, literally, in that one episode, they went from "Long Night means long war with the dead" to "it's gonna be wrapped up quickly so we can move onto KL plot". I don't know why anyone expected that NK plot would spawn through the whole season, that's already shortened to the max.

On positive side, as ridiculous as Arya's Rey move and Darth Maul double-bladed spear fight were, the episode was her successful audition for D&D's Star Wars. D&D are giving her all the big scenes this season so the fight between Williams stans and heady stans come Emmy season's gonna be delicious. I'm team Williams FTW. I think she has material and Emmy goes for big scenes. Heady can't top NK Slayage. 

17 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

I thought this was coming, but I really don’t like that they wrap up the MAGICAL ZOMBIES THREATENING TO PERMANENTLY END ALL LIFE IN WESTEROS  plot in episode 3 like a side dish, and have the season climax be fighting the mean, mostly abandoned by her allies, mortal woman who wants to sit on a pointy chair for the next couple decades.     

There were points when it seemed like the books/show were trying to show how foolhardy it was focusing on small inter-kingdom conflict when this huge existential threat loomed, but the final season structure is like “lol, nope, NK was only the secondary antagonist, Cersei is endboss.”

i like the idea of the global warming metaphor w/ white walkers and how the petty politicals are meaningless since the goddamn world is ending. BUUUT otoh cersei is just way more interesting and i'm sure putting her in the final showdown is gonna be more engaging.

NK/WW were just a gimmick that united some previously divided people. that's it. mystery build is always more on fans than on the show itself. not to mention that zombies on GOT were never as compelling as real people as villains. so next 3 episodes better deliver and give Cersei a worthy exit. 

18 minutes ago, Michael Gary Scott said:

With arya being my fav character I love her killing the night king it was awesome. Having said that the episode was mildly disappointing because I just expected more characters to die. Still enjoyed it though.

We still have 3 episodes (and a final showdown with Cersei) to go.

This was terrible. What a fucking joke omg. I now understand what TLJ fans felt like. Holy shit has this show gone down the drain.

1. Couldn't see shit - Adjusted screen brightness and still struggled like a bitch. WHAT is the point in hyping a big battle only to have us see almost nothing of it. 

2. Choppy editing.

3. Plot armour..  EVERYWHERE. If you're not gonna kill of a character then don't put them in situations that are impossible to survive. Sam was having a literal ORGY with the dead and still survived. Also Dany and Jorah being surrounded by wrights - just as you are wondering how they are gonna make it out - the camera cuts to a different scene. 

4. Shitty score towards the end. Why the fuck did they have a WestWorld piano soundtrack over that. lol

5. Jon being stupid as always. Standing up and yelling at a dragon .. like wtf lmao.

6. Bran being useless. They have yet to explain WHY the night king even cared for him.

7. Night King - hyped for 7 seasons. And killed of in one episode. LMAO.  What the actual fuck. I want an infinity war like battle. 

So much other shit. Everything was BAD.

Edited by HeadShot
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Valonqar said:

fearless badass character turns inexplicably scared and helpless (Arya) to motivate  a fearless badass character that turned inexplicably cowardly (Hound) to get out of his funk

Wait. Whut?

Did you not notice the hoard of zombies trying to eat her? Bad Ass Female Character does not mean she is some Action Girl Drone. Or that she can’t have emotions. She thought she was going to die. 

• Like 1