Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

4 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

I don't know.  But even if GOT shits the bed in these last 2 episodes, I'd still probably have overall good memories of the show.  Seasons 1-4 and 6 are what I'd call top tier TV.

I just really, really hope they don't fuck up Cleganebowl.

Hmm, I think bad final chapters are worse for shows than they're for movies. For instance, many people dislike TLJ, but they don't need to watch it, they have the OT which doesn't demand the sequels to be seen. However, a TV show is always going towards its finale, and a bad one can seriously degrade the rest of the show. I mean, several people I've talked with said that if they knew that the finale of HIMYM would be so bad, they would never watch the show. Same goes for this one, if the finale indeed turns out to be bad, then it will seriously ruin the rewatchability factor for me as I don't wanna watch a show that is speeding towards a disaster.

Also, what was everyone's problem with Season 5? The Snake bitches were awful, but the rest was as good as the rest of the show for me. Maybe I can't really differentiate the seasons as I've only discovered the show two years ago, so I binged the first 6 seasons in 2 weeks, but all in all, I thought it was good.

• Like 1

I'm gonna make some predictions that are probably wrong:

-Greyworm fights the The Mountain and dies.

-Arya is about to kill Cersei in disguise but is intercepted by The Mountain and dies

-The Hound kills The Mountain

-Jaimie kills Cersei

-Jon kills Mad Queen Dany

• Thanks 1

https://www.businessinsider.sg/game-of-thrones-director-david-nutter-season-8-interview-2019-5/

Renfro: I’ve seen some fans guessing that Jaime is bluffing to Brienne or he’s trying to push her away because he’s on some suicidal mission to kill Cersei, but for me it rings more like he’s slipping back into that deep bond he has with Cersei.

Nutter: I think that’s very true, exactly what you’re saying.

WHYYYY.  I went on a JOURNEY with him.  And now you're just going to undo seven seasons of character development, for what?  What is the point?  Who came up with this shit?

7ohP4GDMGPrTps6cx6ME4q6SDkUtZfeehHPMyeWS

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

https://www.businessinsider.sg/game-of-thrones-director-david-nutter-season-8-interview-2019-5/

WHYYYY.  I went on a JOURNEY with him.  And now you're just going to undo seven seasons of character development, for what?  What is the point?  Who came up with this shit?

I ... i was convinced he was bluffing? To get Brienne out of the dangerzone, when he tries to kill Cersei??

And now youre telling me he actually wants to get to Cersei back for real?

WHAT THE FUCK

13 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

Looks like Rian Johnson is writing the script 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 2

13 hours ago, captainwondyful said:

I really wouldn’t read into interviews.  They aren’t going to tell you “Yes, Jaime is going to kill Cersei”, because that would give away a plot point.

I think this episode is supposed to be ambiguous about the motivation.

20 minutes ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

I really wouldn’t read into interviews.  They aren’t going to tell you “Yes, Jaime is going to kill Cersei”, because that would give away a plot point.

I think this episode is supposed to be ambiguous about the motivation.

I really hope youre right.

13 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Stop

@Lordmandeep

Is that clear enough?

Look I know we don't want to bring "that movie" into this thread but if you think about it is a valid comparison.

If you do not think so that is your personal subjective opinion then any breaking of rules. 

What is happening with game of thrones is subversion but badly written subversion. Agree or disagree with that.

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Look I know we don't want to bring "that movie" into this thread but if you think about it is a valid comparison.

If you do not think so that is your personal subjective opinion then any breaking of rules. 

What is happening with game of thrones is subversion but badly written subversion. Agree or disagree with that.

Rian Johnson didn't create subversion of expectations 

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Rian Johnson didn't create subversion of expectations 

...that is your own opinion.

Moving discussion away from that movie and that director...

Yeah it is true that directors make movies that sometimes do not go the way that fans think so. Some of us think we should just respect what they did.

However I look at what the Russo brothers did and they clearly subverted expectations but the story choices they made led to something far better I think than a lot of the fan theories. In my opinion it shows the superior writing skills compared to the Game of Thrones writers for season 8.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

No as in there are plenty of examples of "subversion of expectations" waaaay before TLJ. Idk why TLJ is the one you continue to harp on about. 

Because that film is the gold-standard about subverting expectations for the better or for the worst.

Forbes wrote an article about comparing the third episode to that movie for crying out loud and they are quite a few other mainstream articles mentioning that movie in comparison

On 5/9/2019 at 10:37 AM, Lordmandeep said:

Looks like Rian Johnson is writing the script 

Welllll, Benioff and Weiss are going to be joining the Disney empire to make new Star Wars stuff, plus there was that curious photo of George Lucas visiting the set of GOT. Seriously, it's like we are seeing the Game of Movie Studios playing under our very own eyes, and Disney is paying off Benioff and Weiss to sabotage HBO's biggest hit (don't forget, Disney is also after HBO's parent company, Time Warner for their interest in HULU.) 

• Knock It Off 1

48 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Welllll, Benioff and Weiss are going to be joining the Disney empire to make new Star Wars stuff, plus there was that curious photo of George Lucas visiting the set of GOT. Seriously, it's like we are seeing the Game of Movie Studios playing under our very own eyes, and Disney is paying off Benioff and Weiss to sabotage HBO's biggest hit (don't forget, Disney is also after HBO's parent company, Time Warner for their interest in HULU.) 

Its sad how insanely big and powerful Facebook, Google, Apple, and Disney are getting.