Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

1 hour ago, captainwondyful said:

I hope HBO is stupid enough to do one final SDCC panel for the show.  That public tar and feathering's gonna be LIT.

They have one way they can save face. I can understand they had a contract with Benioff and Weiss, and maybe part of that contract was they had total complete control of all production values and demanded no studio interference. And now with word of spinoffs, one of them will be true ending of GOT and that these last couple of seasons were just bad dreams from Bran, or Tyrion or someone. But if not, then yeah, HBO deserves everything they got coming. I have never, ever subscribed to HBO in my life. I started to get into the show because of my cousin, but decided one day I really wanted to watch it at home in my leisure, so I finally subscribed a year ago to HBO Go. I am definitely pissed off enough to go ahead and cancel my subscription. 

Jesus christ what a wonderful, absolutely mesmerizing goddamn fucking mess this episode was.

And I mean that both in the best and worst ways.

The directing, editing, cinematography... so awesome. This battle sequence is incredible! Season 8Episode 3 is like a student film compared to this. Rivals the best of war scenes I've seen. Shit's lit

As for the plot... This is the most popular TV show of all-time with characters known all over the world and they do THIS?!?!

LMAO

Jaime whose character' arc is more like a full circle than an arc.

Arya the Goddess of Death on a white horse.

Daenerys the genocidal maniac who killed a million people in cold blood on dragonback

Varys who joins Littlefinger in the "we had no idea what to do with schemers once the show became high-fantasy so we killed them off" category.

Jon "Hey are we the baddies??!" Snow

and, most importantly... #CleganeBowl2019 ends in a... DRAW?

I'm speechless.

Edited by Daxtreme
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ozymandias said:

If the golden company had their elephants they would've lasted more than 20 seconds.  I really wanted those elephants.

It would have been even better if they had elephants and they got roasted in 20 seconds. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

And now with word of spinoffs, one of them will be true ending of GOT and that these last couple of seasons were just bad dreams from Bran, or Tyrion or someone.

Did you just suggest they St. Elsewhere this?

That's where we're at folks.

:rofl:

4 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

#CleganeBowl2019 ends in a... DRAW?

honestly the only thing I can say i didn't completely hate about this episode was Cleganebowl(and Qyburns hilarious death), but I think even that could've been much more dramatic and brutally badass than what we got

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

There’s so much wrong with this episode, but I’ll forever be annoyed at the way Cersei died. Why didn’t Dany just torch the tower she was in? Gah! I’d have preferred her to die by dragon fire than infrastructure cradled by her brother/lover. Oh well. Can’t wait for the last episode so it can all be over with. 

Admittedly, it was a spectacle of an episode. If The Battle of Winterfell had issues with lighting, this one made everything almost too visible. It was great to finally see what a dragon could do. And the acting was great for the most part, outside of Euron the annoying prick. So yeah, they delivered a spectacular episode, it just also happened to be ridiculous. 

Right? Sandor was the one that should have died in Arya's arms, knowing someone loved him finally for who he was, while Cersei is the one who is killed, alone, for being the evil monster she is. 

28 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I will never stop laughing if this becomes the fantasy show equivalent of How I Met Your Mother where it ends so badly it retroactively destroys the legacy of the entire show.

Uh, I think this season pretty much did destroy the legacy starting with episode 3. Jon Snow was being painted as this big hero throughout the series, and well, he's been a complete dud this season.

• Like 1

I was having Revenge of the Sith flashbacks this episode. 

Daenerys burning the innocents is like Darth Vader killing the younglings.

In both situations the seeds had been planted for a while, but in both cases, the switch from light side to dark side was a bit too sudden and intense. 

But I love myself a good old tragedy story once in a while. 

18 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

Jesus christ what a wonderful, absolutely mesmerizing goddamn fucking mess this episode was.

And I mean that both in the best and worst ways.

The directing, editing, cinematography... so awesome. This battle sequence is incredible! Season 8Episode 3 is like a student film compared to this. Rivals the best of war scenes I've seen. Shit's lit

As for the plot... This is the most popular TV show of all-time with characters known all over the world and they do THIS?!?!

LMAO

Jaime whose character' arc is more like a full circle than an arc.

Arya the Goddess of Death on a white horse.

Daenerys the genocidal maniac who killed a million people in cold blood on dragonback

Varys who joins Littlefinger in the "we had no idea what to do with schemers once the show became high-fantasy so we killed them off" category.

Jon "Hey are we the baddies??!" Snow

and, most importantly... #CleganeBowl2019 ends in a... DRAW?

I'm speechless.

Well, to be fair, Sandor had him several times, but for stupid plot reasons, Mountain is like a man made wight now, so all the stabbing wouldn't make a difference. Too bad Sandor wasn't given Heartsbane in the end. Maybe it could have been put to good use.

3 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

I was having Revenge of the Sith flashbacks this episode. 

Daenerys burning the innocents is like Darth Vader killing the younglings.

In both situations the seeds had been planted for a while, but in both cases, the switch from light side to dark side was a bit too sudden and intense. 

But I love myself a good old tragedy story once in a while. 

Eh its more like Anakin started murdering random people in the street of Coruscant as a valid comparison 

8 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Uh, I think this season pretty much did destroy the legacy starting with episode 3. Jon Snow was being painted as this big hero throughout the series, and well, he's been a complete dud this season.

Jon Snow will be a big hero. He’ll be the heir that didn’t want the throne, the one who saves the Westeros by killing the tyrant queen. He’ll become known as Jon the Queenslayer lol. But seriously, this is likely where they’re going with the next episode. Either him or Arya. Don’t know if he’ll be the one on the throne, but I think they’ll have him kill Dany in a lovers to enemies moment. Besides, he’s made it clear that he doesn’t love her anymore, if he ever really did. 

• Like 1