Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Great episode.

Don't know why people are upset.... they've been foreshadowing something like this for seasons.

Killing enemies does not foreshadow genocide of civilians. 

• Like 6

I'm still not sure whether I want to say "well-played" to D&D for basically revealing that one of the more heroic characters on the show across 8 seasons would become a genocidal mad queen right at the end. What a turn of events.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ZackM said:

Killing enemies does not foreshadow genocide of civilians. 

"I will take what is mine with fire and blood"

"When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"

She has always been prone to violence to her enemies... and it was always implied that she considered anyone not with her to be an enemy.  They blatantly said that in this episode. 

All her actions up to this point were for the sole purpose of winning the throne of the 7 kingdoms in any manner required.  All her 'good deeds' were done to build support and armies.

This was her initial plan seasons ago but her advisors  convinced her that should could not maintain the throne if she laid waste to Kings Landing.

But now that her advisors have betrayed her and with Snow being a real threat to her throne it obviously made sense that she'd turn to 'ruling by fear'.

Over the seasons every time she became a little too likeable they'd have her commit a brutal act of violence that wasn't necessary to contrast her with Snow who is squeaky clean morally. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Yooooooooo

What The Fuck Was That Shit?!?!?!

Who is responsible?!?!?!

I’ve been with the show. I’ve enjoyed this season and I see the flaws but this shit goes too far. This is the one that breaks me.

51 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

"I will take what is mine with fire and blood"

"When my dragons are grown, we will take back what was stolen from me and destroy those who wronged me! We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground!"

She has always been prone to violence to her enemies... and it was always implied that she considered anyone not with her to be an enemy.  They blatantly said that in this episode. 

All her actions up to this point were for the sole purpose of winning the throne of the 7 kingdoms in any manner required.  All her 'good deeds' were done to build support and armies.

This was her initial plan seasons ago but her advisors  convinced her that should could not maintain the throne if she laid waste to Kings Landing.

But now that her advisors have betrayed her and with Snow being a real threat to her throne it obviously made sense that she'd turn to 'ruling by fear'.

Over the seasons every time she became a little too likeable they'd have her commit a brutal act of violence that wasn't necessary to contrast her with Snow who is squeaky clean morally. 

Eh two quotes to justify her massacring children and innocent people?  There was no build up for this - please stop being delusional. She spent the entire show liberating the weak and the only enemies she burnt down were "evil" people in power and those who opposed her. She refused take down a slave city with dragons because that would have caused innocents to die. The entire arch of season 7 is spent on saying that she doesn't want to be the queen of the ashes and that she's different from Cersei. Her plans on taking the throne are put on hold to fight the Night King. That's NOT a blood thirsty tyrant. She was most definitely flawed and power hungry but never evil. If they wanted this storyline they should have set it up better. Cersei was supposed to be the Mad Queen, they had a perfect arch for it. I would have loved to see her burn the entire city down with Wildfire as revenge for losing the battle.

Image result for cersei blows up sept gif

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Eh two quotes to justify her massacring children and innocent people?  There was no build up for this - please stop being delusional. She spent the entire show liberating the weak and the only enemies she burnt down were "evil" people in power and those who opposed her. She refused take down a slave city with dragons because that would have caused innocents to die. The entire arch of season 7 is spent on saying that she doesn't want to be the queen of the ashes and that she's different from Cersei. Her plans on taking the throne are put on hold to fight the Night King. That's NOT a blood thirsty tyrant. She was most definitely flawed and power hungry but never evil. If they wanted this storyline they should have set it up better. Cersei was supposed to be the Mad Queen, they had a perfect arch for it. I would have loved to see her burn the entire city down with King's Landing as revenge for losing the battle. Image result for cersei blows up sept gif

And there it is.

The show’s “hints” at Dany being the “Mad Queen” were not enough to justify something this extreme. At most they hinted at her being ruthless with her enemies, not mass murder of the innocent. 

They treated her “madness” as if it were something that could be triggered by a drop of a pin. If this was the direction they wanted to go they needed to have done more.

The whole thing reminds me of those tabloid stories “Girl Commits Suicide Because Dad Took Her Phone” NO. That’s not true. There’s way more going on with that story.

This is not how people in 2019 expect mental illness and “madness” to be portrayed, we expect a descent into the state, we expect an understanding. GOT just said “look. Now she’s angry with tired looking make up on. She’s crazy”. It’s Revenge of The Sith. It’s Anakin killing the children. It’s ridiculous. 

Edited by AJG
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, Thanos Legion said:

At this rate Rian Johnson will be the most fan-liked director working on the SW spinoffs. Silver lining?

The backlash D&D are getting at least on twitter are from the same people who usually would defend Rian so yeah probably. 

At least as @captainwondyful said might take some of the heat the Russo Brothers have been getting on twitter. Couldn't believe the amount of hate they're getting on twitter.

Stupid things this episode

1. Dany taking down the entire iron fleet with one dragon despite having struggled with two dragons the previous episode. PLOT ARMOUR.

2. The golden compass being hyped up as the greatest army ever - and taken down in 10 seconds. I thought the point in fighting the Night King was to weaken Dany's army and make it look like Cerise had a fighting chance - yet she's defeated almost immediately. A literal joke. 

3. Arya running around like a scared child and giving up on killing Cersei because The Hound told her so. Her entire arch being thrown away. It made no sense.

4. John being fucking useless like always.

5. Varys and Tyrion turning on Dany for no reason. Even though they had her back when she was conquering cities in Essos the same way. 

6. Cersei acting like a wimp. She should have sat at the Iron throne and awaited her faith

7. Jamie's entire character growth being thrown away as well.

8. Dany turning into the Mad Queen and burning down innocent people despite winning the battle.  

9. A fucking horse appearing out of nowhere - LMFAO.

10. Euron magically surviving and somehow runs into Jamie for a fight no one asked for. The plot convince is just cringe worthy. 

There is so much more that could be said. This show has truly fallen of the rails and will go down as the greatest disappointments ever. The sad thing is that HBO offered Dumb and Dumber more money and episodes to give it a good ending and they refused. 

• Like 2

All in all this was a fantastic looking episode. Great action. Great music. Highly entertaining.

Characters have gone to shit. Some questionable decisions from the writers. But life goes on.

Its a disappointing piece of great entertainment. Sure it’s fun and impressive but at what cost?

• Like 3