Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

38 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Petition against the show will likely go over a million votes.

It's not about getting a new season but it seems it's about shaming D&D

Yup, he is going to go on about this for the next year and a half.

Problem is most of the people who sign that petition (and we all know how well internet petitions work) are not mad about the very real flaws in the writing of the show this season, but that Dany went over the Dark Side. Even if the writing had been really good,they would still scream over that.

GHuaranteed, George RR Martin probably knew that would happen to Dany way back when he was planning the plotline of the books.

Internet Petitions usually pretty useless, but this one is worst them most. THye are not going to do a reboot with a "good" Dany. Not going to happen.

Edited by dudalb

6 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

She was bringing her meals, so she had to approach to Daenerys, or at least that's what the conversation with Varys implies.

Yes, but Daenerys didn't find out about Varys via the actions of the girl.  Tyrion told Daenerys.  

The last episode was a total swing and a miss for me. Signposting a possible character destination is not the same as character development. It's why when Stannis, as generally useless as he was, burned his daughter alive I believed it, because they'd spent multiple episodes building up a man at that end of his tether. 

Cleganebowl sucked too, but that was always going to be annoying fanservice. The Hound never even mentioned the idea of revenge until the end season 7, and suddenly it's all he lives for? Bullshit. 

Edited by Hatebox

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2019 at 10:31 AM, DAR said:

I would have liked there to have been at least two more episodes.   But I can guarantee that a good chunk of people complaining that things were too rushed would find a way to say it's going too slow.

I also think even if the snap had been better handled, people would still be upset with Dany going to the dark side.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I also think even if the snap had been better handled, people would still be upset with Dany going to the dark side.

That’s possible, but the negativity wouldn’t be as loud as they are now. I also don’t think the season would be as divisive as it is if just Dany’s characterization was an issue. But most people have multiple major things they feel were poorly handled as evidenced by the increasingly vocal fan base for the past few weeks. Dany’s Mad Queen arc being rushed in this season just happens to be another thing to add to the pile. It’s fine if you’re enjoying it, but acting like it has no flaws is disingenuous. I honestly think if a couple more episodes were added, the discontent would be less. Because even if things didn’t end up being greatly satisfying, fans could at least say they tried to make it work. 6 episodes just isn’t enough to sell many people on what’s been happening so far. 

Seasons 1-4 are television masterpieces that should be watched by any aspiring writer. Books 1-3 too.

And while seasons 5 and 6 are not as good as the previous seasons, "Hardhome", "Battle Of The Bastards" and "Winds Of Winter" are the best episodes this whole series has ever given us. Especially BoB.

That's why regardless of how bad it ends this sunday, I'm not gonna say Game Of Thrones was an 8 year waste of my time because it taught me so much about storytelling and I had very fond memories of university and the internship, because of Game Of Thrones and the Song Of Ice and Fire books, theorizing, discussing and stuff with friends.

It was a really fun ride that I will remember very fondly. Sad that season 8 dropped the ball but I'm not too mad about it.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Like 2

My opinion on the rest of Thrones won’t change no matter how it ends.

I’ll pretty much always regard Seasons 1-4 as peak television, and Battle of the Bastards + Winds of Winter as the best two hours of TV I’ve watched.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, A Panda of Ice and Fire said:

My opinion on the rest of Thrones won’t change no matter how it ends.

I’ll pretty much always regard Seasons 1-4 as peak television, and Battle of the Bastards + Winds of Winter as the best two hours of TV I’ve watched.

The Winds of Winter is literally a perfect episode. Nothing is wrong with it. I remember hearing the piano soundtrack the first time watching and thinking "That is ... unusual music for GoT?", but then it worked perfectly.

• Like 2

Season 6 was actually my favourite season of the show the first time I binged it (I came late to the party), I don't understand why people think of it and Season 5 as lacking or inferior to the first 4. I guess it's because Tywin died, and he had the best dialogue. Maybe 5 was a little bit slow for some people, and the Sand bitches were annoying AF, but everything else was excellent. Season 6, on the other hand, was just excellent TV for me, so if someone can explain to me what annoys them with those two seasons, I'd be very happy, as I'm honestly curious. 

Ah, Battle of the Bastards, that is how you wrap up a great villain.  Not having fucking rocks falling on her and cut to black.

And yes i don't know why people are afraid to admit Season 6 is on par with 1-4.  Book loyalists?  Tywin fans?  I dunno.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Titan Man said:

Season 6 was actually my favourite season of the show the first time I binged it (I came late to the party), I don't understand why people think of it and Season 5 as lacking or inferior to the first 4. I guess it's because Tywin died, and he had the best dialogue. Maybe 5 was a little bit slow for some people, and the Sand bitches were annoying AF, but everything else was excellent. Season 6, on the other hand, was just excellent TV for me, so if someone can explain to me what annoys them with those two seasons, I'd be very happy, as I'm honestly curious. 

24 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Ah, Battle of the Bastards, that is how you wrap up a great villain.  Not having fucking rocks falling on her and cut to black.

And yes i don't know why people are afraid to admit Season 6 is on par with 1-4.  Book loyalists?  Tywin fans?  I dunno.

I think theres two major reasons:

1) The Dorne section. Dorne is one of the best and interesting parts of the book and the sand snakes in particular are not annoying, but - just very interesting. The Lord of Dorne is also not a naive idiot, but one of the best players in the Game of Thrones. The show featured such a bastardized version of Dorne and Seasons 5 and 6 suffered from that. Thats of course only a major complaint if you have read the books.

2) The logic. Season 5 showed glimpses of that, but in Season 6 we really start to have logical errors and teleportation issues. The geography matters less and less and the Arya plot in particular is just nonsensical (i mean remember those stab wounds? And that she just wandered around in Bravos, despite fully knowing that the Waif was after her? Just stupid and bad writing.)

But Season 5 and 6 in particular more than make up for that with very strong character moments and some really great storyarc-conclusions. And no i dont mean Stannis by that (another character the show butchered), but Sansa, Ramsay, Daenarys and Jon. Battle of the Bastards and The Winds of Winter are perfect television and with the last 2 episodes beeing the best, Season 6 just had such a great send-off.

Battle of the Bastards was terrible storywise. Wisually a masterpiece but so was the fall of Kings Landing last week.

Kings Landing saved seasons 5&6 apart from a few great moments elsewhere like Hardhome and the revelation about Hodor.