Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You do realize that D&D did not shorten season 7 and 8 for artistic reasons.

It was because they wanted to make a star wars movie. 

it was announced seasons 7 and 8 of GOT would be shorter literally two years before they were hired to do star wars. incredible foresight on their parts.

• Like 2

Every form of critizism is totally fine if its constructive. Ive seen a TON of constructive criticism about Season 8 in the last few weeks and yes, also a lot of flamewar-rage that sadly is comparable to Last Jedi.

But im really not a fan of putting both these kinds of people in the same spot.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

it was announced seasons 7 and 8 of GOT would be shorter literally two years before they were hired to do star wars. incredible foresight on their parts.

you do realize talks to do such things usually are years in the making? 

D&D clearly were looking to do something else when the decision was made. 

what? no. if you'd said confederate i'd have bought it but it was like the rian johnson thing where they were hired before they even had a story. it wasn't like "cool, we'll do a star wars, just give us two years to tank our show before you tell anyone"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

what? no. if you'd said confederate i'd have bought it but it was like the rian johnson thing where they were hired before they even had a story. it wasn't like "cool, we'll do a star wars, just give us two years to tank our show before you tell anyone"

Let LMD live in his fantasy world.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Let LMD live in his fantasy world.

it'd be super convenient for him if star wars was what ruined game of thrones. all his hate obsessions under one roof. that's why we need rian johnson to direct the benioff/weiss star wars script. LMD would never stop being turned on by that. he'd be thrilled.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

it'd be super convenient for him if star wars was what ruined game of thrones. all his hate obsessions under one roof. that's why we need rian johnson to direct the benioff/weiss star wars script. LMD would never stop being turned on by that. he'd be thrilled.

Forget about my involvement,  that thread, in general, will already be a disaster :)

On 5/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, Boxx93 said:

Nope. HBO knows this is their golden goose and the very reason why people suscribe to their channel package in the first place, they would have been glad to make this a 15 season show if they could, hence all this talk of spin-off shows.

Also I highly doubt popularity would die down, Game Of Thrones is the only television series that never dropped in average viewership in the ratings, every season got bigger than the last, this one being the biggest yet.

The fault of all of this disaster is solely on D&D and no one else. They got tired of the project, they wanted to take a shortcut and make less episodes and be done with it so that they can move on to something else (Star Wars). You can tell from the "Inside The Episode" videos that these guys really want to get out of Game Of Thrones and judging from the quality of season 8, it shows.

They should have gotten another showrunner after season 6 that is just as passionate for the material as D&D initally where when the series started and make 4 more seasons to end the story without the rushing. Shows change showrunners all the time so it's not a wild idea.

If D&D can't handle a behemoth like GOT all the way to the end, what makes me think that they won't drop the ball at the third Star Wars movie they make?

I keep reading stuff on how GRRM actually personally helped write the scripts for the first few seasons, but then he stopped around season 5. People were thinking he was going back to finish up the books, but then I see interviews with him where he says he doesn't follow the main show anymore, but he has been helping HBO out with the "successors". So, could HBO have been contractually obligated to keep Benioff and Weiss for the Game of Thrones, but these new successors are their back up plans in case these two guys indeed try to sink a champion ship? Does anyone know of these rumors or what they think of these new shows and why GRRM chose to help these projects out instead of the main course?

2 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

Ready for the Lost finale reassessment tonight. It may have come up short on plot, but Lost completely delivered on the character front (bar Sayid nnnnnnn). Sawyer and Juliet by the vending machine >>>>>

Haven’t seen LOST but from what I’ve seen that show’s end does have its strong defenders/fans.

Nobody seems particularly enthused by this season right now.

36 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Last episode retroactively redeemed the season for me.

Was wondering where that shit was heading and then, boom, fucking finally we got here. 

Less than 5 hours to go.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

Haven’t seen LOST but from what I’ve seen that show’s end does have its strong defenders/fans.

The story and the mythology went into the loony bin, no question about it

But it was always a character driven show and all of the major character/emotional moments in the finale landed like Sully, IMO.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CoolioD1 said:

Or they knew something that we don't, like maybe behind closed doors, they were offered the project by Disney and it's just getting out now. You don't think it's odd that Disney has hired two of GOT major actors into some of their franchises. Clarke in that Solo movie, and Dinklage in Infinity War. There is a lot of backstabbing going on among studios too. I remember Joss Whedon being let go from Marvel, and now he's part of DC, Marvel's direct competitor. Disney also had James Gunn fired and he went on to DC as well, and now they are hiring him back because no one wants to take up the GOTG sequel. There is a lot of stuff going behind the scenes we don't know about until years later. I also find it interesting that the parent company that owns HBO also had the last of the rights of HULU and somehow DIsney got them to sign over the rest of Hulu to them. Why is it that whatever Disney wants, they get, with hardly no fights or counter offers from other competitors?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jake Gittes said:

Give Best Drama to the Deadwood movie as compensation for snubbing the original series.

Feel like a dunce for not remembering it earlier but c'mon emmys True Detective. If nothing else Ali should have it on lockdown. 

17 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

The story and the mythology went into the loony bin, no question about it

But it was always a character driven show and all of the major character/emotional moments in the finale landed like Sully, IMO.

Totally. It went off the rails in season 5 and didn't stop but I'll be damned if I wasn't a blubbering mess during the finale.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think we have all agreed that Chernobyl will be receiving all of the Emmy's this year.

I've gotta get on that. Tonight for sure. I'll binge the first few episodes.

22 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I think we have all agreed that Chernobyl will be receiving all of the Emmy's this year.

You didn't see any Emmys being awarded to Chernobyl.

BECAUSE. THEY WERE NOT THERE.

• Like 1