Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

43 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Or they knew something that we don't, like maybe behind closed doors, they were offered the project by Disney and it's just getting out now. You don't think it's odd that Disney has hired two of GOT major actors into some of their franchises. Clarke in that Solo movie, and Dinklage in Infinity War. There is a lot of backstabbing going on among studios too. I remember Joss Whedon being let go from Marvel, and now he's part of DC, Marvel's direct competitor. Disney also had James Gunn fired and he went on to DC as well, and now they are hiring him back because no one wants to take up the GOTG sequel. There is a lot of stuff going behind the scenes we don't know about until years later. I also find it interesting that the parent company that owns HBO also had the last of the rights of HULU and somehow DIsney got them to sign over the rest of Hulu to them. Why is it that whatever Disney wants, they get, with hardly no fights or counter offers from other competitors?

hmm yes something is definitely afoot there. it's also suspicious that peter dinklage was in an x-men movie and then sophie turner was in the next one. and then maisie williams in the new mutants. not to mention missandei was cast in fast and furious 7 and then tormund shows up in fast 8! what's going on here?!?!! it must definitely be more than everybody wants the association of the most popular show on television by casting an actor from its large ensemble! that can't be it!!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I still find it funny that Lost had sunk so low here that the network that owned the rights here broadcast the final episode in competition which with Rugby League State of Origin.  That would be like showing it at the same time as the Super Bowl in the US. 

2 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

I still find it funny that Lost had sunk so low here that the network that owned the rights here broadcast the final episode in competition which with Rugby League State of Origin.  That would be like showing it at the same time as the Super Bowl in the US. 

i remember they showed Heroes here on BBC2 and the night the finale was supposed to air it was delayed because they showed the world snooker championships or something and it had run overtime. eventually the delay got to like 90 minutes and i just went to bed. to this day I've seen every episode of Heroes except for that finale.

• Haha 3

Oh gosh. Heroes was so good in the first season. I loved it. The second season was meh and so unfocused so I stopped watching after that. Loved Kristen Bell in S2, but her character was really annoying. I read later that the writers’ strike affected the show.

• Like 4

Just now, Deja23 said:

Oh gosh. Heroes was so good in the first season. I loved it. The second season was meh and so unfocused so I stopped watching after that. Loved Kristen Bell in S2, but her character was really annoying. I read later that the writers’ strike affected the show.

the writers strike hit every show that season. heroes probably got hit the worst out of everything, but there were some shows that it actually did some good for. LOST got their leanest and arguably best season, and Breaking Bad would've killed off Jessie if they got more episodes in S1 that was supposed to be the big season ending cliffhanger.

the worst thing about heroes honestly is that the seasons after the strike were even worse.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Deja23 said:

read later that the writers’ strike affected the show.

More like straight up beat it up and took its money in a back alley.

2 hours ago, 4815162342 said:

The story and the mythology went into the loony bin, no question about it

But it was always a character driven show and all of the major character/emotional moments in the finale landed like Sully, IMO.

And I totally get why that show's end has its fans/defenders if it at least delivered on its big character moments.  This final season of GOT doesn't even have that after episode 2.  Cersei, who has been built up as the show's ultimate big bad has almost no screen time at all only to be killing by falling rocks.  Jaimie Lannister, arguably the show's most complicated/compelling character, had 7 seasons's of character development thrown out the window for no reason at all.  Dany, while going full Mad Queen is a great idea(despite whatever the white bumper sticker Clinton feminists say) and had enormous potential from a storytelling POV with a whole season.  Cleganebowl, while not a complete bust, could've been much better.  This season is total shit and those who like/defend it should feel bad.