Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I loved the first 30 to 40  minutes. The atmosphere of destruction was great. Seeing some familiar locations in ruins made me sad. Peter Dinklage acted the hell out of the scenes and I felt sorry for Tyrion as he wept over Jaimes dead body. Throwing away the hand pin was excellent. Kit Harrington did a good job showing Jon's dilemma. I thought Emilia Clarke had a strong presence as a villain. And that shot of her with the dragon's wings was one of the best shots of the series.

Then the time jump happened and it just sucked away all the tension and momentum for me.

Then Bran is King and the North is free just like that. Grey Worm agrees and the problems are solved. Such an anticlimactic end.

This should have been two episodes.

At least Jon petted Ghost and the final shot crosscutting between the Starks combined with the theme music was nice but this could have been so much more.

• Like 1

Benioff and Weiss might be shitty writters, but damn it, they are really fucking good at directing.

That Dany shot with the dragon wings behind her was beautiful.

Edited by Boxx93
  • Thanks 1

EW: Emila Clarke on Game of Thrones Ending

I feel so terrible for Emila.  This is a really hard read.  

I love how this interview confirms that everyone making the show knew they were fucking up, but did it anyway out of some faux edgelord: 

It’s designed to not feel good. That said, I don’t think that’s a bad thing. The best drama is the type you have to think about. There’s a dangerous tendency right now to make art and popular culture to feel safe for everybody and make everybody feel okay when watching and I don’t believe in that. The show is messy and grey and that’s where it’s always lived — from Jaime pushing a little boy out the window to Ned Stark’s death to the Red Wedding. This is the kind of story that’s meant to unsettle you and challenge you and make you think and question. I think that was George’s intent and what David and Dan wanted to do. However you feel about the final episodes of this show I don’t think anybody will ever accuse us of taking the easy way out.”

Naah, you took the lazy way out by not properly building that storyline.

And I also find this post-modern "shocking the audience is more important than telling a fulling story" talk nonsense.  They can preach to the high heavens that they properly set up Dany's hell turn, but they didn't.  And they can preach about "living in the greys and being messy" but none of that matters if you didn't earn it.  Otherwise it's just cruelty for show.  And I have zero interest in that.

Also, D&D are cowards:

The showrunners are not giving interviews about episode 6 (and told EW they plan to spend the finale offline — “drunk and far away from the Internet” as Benioff put it).

What. Ever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

1 hour ago, Jim Shorts said:

Btw, fucking Bran planned this whole thing. Totally set up Jon and used him to get rid of his main rivals. 

Should have known Bran would never stand (lol) for Dany's anti-wheel agenda.

Oh boy well I'm a bit more positive on the finale than most but maybe cause my expectations were so low after what's happened thiss season. I totally agree with Bran becoming King is soooooo stupid so nothing much to add there. Jon I'm coming more around to being back at the Night Watch is a good ending for him. It's weird that I felt they spent huge chunks of time trying explain the aftermath of the war yet I still feel like there's so many unanswered questions. IMO it would have been better for the 7 Kingdoms to split apart and become separate kingdoms again. Wouldn't that be breaking the wheel?

3 hours ago, Jim Shorts said:

Oh and am I the only one who cringed every time they said Bran the Broken?

Seriously, it took me out of the scene. When Tyrion said it for the 1st time . just rolled my eyes but then everyone in the council started with this shit and it took me out of the scene, what does it even mean? Absolutely dreadful season BTW, never would have imagined them dropping the ball like this, this takes me back to Dexter days where the last season screwed everything up. Incidentally it's 4th season was also the best as is GOT's for me.

Having said all of this, thank you GOT for giving 6 wonderful and 1 very good season, I may revisit the series again but not any time sooner.

Also lastly WTF BRAN THE BROKEN means?

• Like 1