Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

Well that was ... meh.

Thats honestly all i can say. I didnt feel any real emotions watching this final episode. Danys death was kind of ... meh. The time jump after that was incredibly lazy. And ... oh whatever, i just dont think its worth it.

Bad final season imo after a disappointing season 7.

Overall though? Game of Thrones is now a show of extreme highs - and extreme lows. But the first 4 seasons alone are more than enough reason for anyone to try it.

Im really glad that i watched the show, im glad it exists. It brought me a ton of joy over all these years, way more joy as that a bad ending could ever overshadow it for me.

And watching Season 1 back in the day made me buy the books and made me read them. Something ill also never regret and i can not wait for Martin to finally release Winds of Winter.

Have a good time with all the Memes, Music and Rewatches, folks!

• Like 1

I hope they greenlight the Kings Landing Parks & Recreation style comedy series.

Then there's Jon of the North and Arya Into the West.

And we can't forget the Drogon/Daenerys Swiss Army Man.

In Australia the show screened multiple times and on several Foxtel platforms, amassing to 1.076 million viewers, the largest overnight audience in subscription TV history. The highest single linear broadcast was 335,000 national viewers.

‘The Iron Throne’ increased 6% increase on the previous record holder, season 8 episode 3, ‘The Long Night’, which held the record of 1.011 million.

https://tvtonight.com.au/2019/05/game-of-thrones-breaks-foxtel-records.html

So after watching the series finale again on the HBO monday re-run I decided... That I really liked the series finale.

Yes, this whole season was rushed as hell and yes more episodes could have helped out more development for the whole Night King arc (witch should have been all of S7 with 10 ep) and the Dany Mad Queen arc (witch should have been all of S8 also with full 10 ep)

But I'm satisfied anyway because all the characters (that are still alive) ended where they had to end: Tyrion being Hand of the King again to unfuck his mess for the rest of his life, Sam being a maester at the reach, Sansa as Queen of the North, Ayra living a life of adventure, Jon being happier with his northener friends and a Stark governing the six kingdoms of Westeros. The Starks won the Game Of Thrones and that alone makes me happy.

I didn't like turning Grey Worm into a villain but i'm sure he'll heal his emotional wounds at the Island of Naath, the land where Missandei was born and raised.

Overall, it was a 50/50 season for me. Some thing I loved, some not so much, but I was still left satisfied with the whole journey. I'm glad this show exist and I will miss the experience of waiting every sunday night for new episodes and discussing about it with my friends the next day.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Pitch meetings is hilarious as always. We may not have had  a good final season, but at least we’ll get to enjoy the quality memes and jokes it spawned.   

Edited by Thanos Legion
  • Haha 9

13 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Pitch meetings is hilarious as always. We may not have had  a good final season, but at least we’ll get to enjoy the quality memes and jokes it spawned.   

epic and well thought out deconstruction of the disaster of a season. 

Good lord. I was out of the country for the past 3 weeks so just got caught up, but nothing could have prepared me for the absolute derailment of these last 3 episodes. I mean, I commented how episode 3 felt kind of off and weird for the show, but I thought it would just be a hiccup and they'd get right back on track. L.O.L. 

Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. They rushed the hell out of it and in the process cut so many corners literally nothing ended up making sense and there's probably not a single story thread or character arc that didn't end up with semi truck sized plot holes and inconsistencies. That 5th episode particularly has to be the biggest fuck up in television history. The way D&D completely ruined/threw away three of the greatest characters and arcs in TV history with Dany, Cersei, and Jamie in a single episode is absolutely disgraceful. 

The worst part is that some of these plot points and resolutions could have worked in theory, but they botched the execution and framework required so bad it's on another level of incompetence. I know it would never ever happen, but I seriously would be on board with the petitions to redo the whole last season. Give us like 2 more full seasons like it clearly needed. 

• Like 2

This whole thing just makes me appreciate the MCU/Endgame and the way the creative team treated that a million times more than I already did. They took their time and made a near 6 hour two part movie to execute the story in the way they felt was necessary for the payoff.

Opposed to D&D who threw up their hands and said it HAS to be done quickly, we're over it. The fact that the MCU era wrap up was nearly the same amount of hours as GoT's final season when we're dealing with film vs TV pretty much says it all about the rush job here. Shameful. I also blame the HBO execs too though, if they knew D&D were so eager to just get out, yet wanted more seasons and also knew fans clearly would have been more than on board with that, then they should have taken the steps necessary to find replacements. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 8:36 AM, Boxx93 said:

So... How many susbscribers is HBO gonna lose the next couple of weeks?

Funny you say that. I have never, ever subscribe to HBO until when GOT season 7 came, and as soon as it was done, I cancelled. And then I did it again this season, and actually put in my cancellation back on Monday.  HBO execs are the real ones who fucked up. I see the one president of HBO making some lame excuse that he didn't want to botch up Benioff and Weiss's vision, but come on, your job isn't to protect shitty writers. Your job is to keep the subscribers happy, and you failed at your job, miserably. I'm surprised Time Warner hasn't fired him yet because he is pretty much pissing away potential major money makers. Already shot down the Arya spinoff. Seriously, if I was Time Warner, I would be like, bye bitch, be gone with ya!

Edited by Warhorse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Boxx93 said:

So... How many susbscribers is HBO gonna lose the next couple of weeks?

I feel like the very negative reaction of this final season on the whole is going to make things much much worse for them than it already was going to be. The sour taste the ending left will also reflect on HBO for many viewers. Opposed to if it had ended on a high note, people would probably be more willing to trust that HBO had more quality content coming and give it a shot. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 2