Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

i hopeeeeeeeeee GRRM is writing right now with the speed of a thousand mythical horses

i mean if he needs more assistants to keep track of everything so less research for him to do , i'd volunteer

i've stayed away from watching all those clips fan made or real , i've only seen the first trailer

i thought march would never end lolllll SUNDAY 31st CANT COME SOON ENOUGH

i'm a house of stark fan, because winter is coming and well i've felt its shards team stark has been dealt a cruel hand by the author in these books, but i'm keeping hope alive , all our losses need to be vindicated in the end , game or no game!

Edited by ladyevenstar22

GRRM: We are the most pirated show in the world. In a strange way that's a compliment. It's the sort of compliment that you could do without, probably, but it is a compliment nonetheless. I know that a lot of that piracy is taking place in Australia, where for whatever reason they delay the show six months. So people are just anxious to see it. http://www.theverge.com/2013/3/21/4131644/game-of-thrones-author-george-r-r-martin-on-piracy-video-games-new-shows-hbo

I'm not a fantasy fan at all, but I have been watching a couple of episodes of this and I gotta say its a lot more appealing to me than Lord of the Rings. But I got 2 questions y'all:

1. A couple of episodes ago this woman gave birth to a black smoke monster. What the hell was that?

2. At the end of last night's episode zombies were walking on a snowy landscape towards a great mountain wall. Were those guys really zombies, and do we know whats behind that huge wall?

Thx.

PS: I really like that chick with the baby dragons. Glad she got them back. :)

I'm not a fantasy fan at all, but I have been watching a couple of episodes of this and I gotta say its a lot more appealing to me than Lord of the Rings. But I got 2 questions y'all:

1. A couple of episodes ago this woman gave birth to a black smoke monster. What the hell was that?

2. At the end of last night's episode zombies were walking on a snowy landscape towards a great mountain wall. Were those guys really zombies, and do we know whats behind that huge wall?

Thx.

PS: I really like that chick with the baby dragons. Glad she got them back. :)

1. It's a shadow assassin. They altered the reason for its creation a bit from the book but essentially it's a one-time magic assassin that never fails to murder irts target.

2. That wasn't a wall but a plateau. The Wall is a couple hundred miles south of there and it separates the civilized 7 Kingdoms from the snowy, wild North. Some of the show's characters went north of the wall to investigate what was going on. And yes, they're zombies kinda, resurrected dead bodies being controlled by the White Walkers (you saw a couple of them leading the horde).

Not long to go! In NZ, we're getting it about 8 hours after it airs in the US which is great - the first season took 6 months. It looks like in Aus and NZ they've wized up that they need to show it almost as soon as it airs to combat piracy. I've actually shelled out for the premium channel that will be airing it because we get it so quickly.

Review of the first four episodes:

Thus far, I would say that the third season appears to be better than the second, though it falls short of the near-perfection of the first (which had the not-to-be-repeated advantages of a principal protagonist and relatively linear plot). That this season looks to be an improvement on the last should come as no surprise, given that the third book of Martin's series is considerably better than its predecessor—indeed, the best of the five written thus far.

But judging from its first four episodes, Season Three of Game of Thrones will be a triumph—and one that, with luck, will continue to improve as it progresses. Benioff and Weiss have cited one scene in the third novel as a principal reason they wanted to tackle the show in the first place, and in a recent interview they allowed, "We think we pulled it off." Those familiar with the book should have no trouble guessing what scene they had in mind

http://www.theatlantic.com/entertainment/archive/2013/03/game-of-thrones-retains-its-crown/274423/

And who knows what became of Theon Greyjoy, the Stark betrayer torn between nature and nurture? That last question will be answered, if somewhat elliptically, early in Season Three, with the belated appearance of a dastardly bastard (bastardly dastard?) who will be all too familiar to readers of the books.

YES.

Non-readers are in for a treat. That character, if not watered down for TV, will make Joffrey look like a tame kitten.