Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

47 pages?

Wow, this show is really fucking popular. Is this the biggest on the forum?

Anyway - I attempted to start watching this last night at the recommendation of many friends, but it turns out it's not on Netflix and FiOS on Demand only has Season 2. :angry:

I think I might have it on a flash drive somewhere though, actually.

• Like 1

47 pages? Wow, this show is really fucking popular. Is this the biggest on the forum? Anyway - I attempted to start watching this last night at the recommendation of many friends, but it turns out it's not on Netflix and FiOS on Demand only has Season 2. :angry: I think I might have it on a flash drive somewhere though, actually.

It's a great show. You should give it a try.

47 pages?

Wow, this show is really fucking popular. Is this the biggest on the forum?

Anyway - I attempted to start watching this last night at the recommendation of many friends, but it turns out it's not on Netflix and FiOS on Demand only has Season 2. :angry:

I think I might have it on a flash drive somewhere though, actually.

Can't you just access HBO GO if you subscribe to HBO? All of the seasons are on there

I hope the guys at westeros.org continue the character screentime tracking that was done for Season 2 (sadly not for Season 1 though) for Season 3.

Here is how the screentime for notable Season 2 characters worked out:

[*]Tyrion Lannister - 91:63 [*]Arya Stark - 59:38 [*]Cersei Lannister - 56:39 [*]Daenerys Targaryen - 53:24 [*]Theon Greyjoy - 49:22 [*]Jon Snow - 47:36 [*]Sansa Stark - 45:31 [*]Varys - 41:10 [*]Catelyn Stark - 36:44 [*]Joffrey Baratheon - 34:47 [*]Robb Stark - 34:42 [*]Petyr Baelish/Littlefinger - 33:57 [*]Davos Seaworth - 32:50 [*]Brienne Tarth - 32:06 [*]Sandor Clegane/The Hound - 30:20 [*]Stannis Baratheon - 29:39 [*]Tywin Lannister - 25:45 [*]Bran Stark - 24:09 [*]Jaime Lannister - 22:49 [*]Melisandre - 22:05 [*]Gendry - 22:05 [*]Xaro Xhoan Daxos - 21:21 [*]Renly Baratheon - 20:43 [*]Samwell Tarly - 20:09 [*]Shae - 20:05 [*]Grand Maester Pycelle - 17:02 [*]Margaery Tyrell - 15:52 [*]Ros - 15:28 [*]Loras Tyrell - 14:19 [*]Asha/Yara Greyjoy - 12:02 [*]Balon Greyjoy - 7:34 [*]Roose Bolton - 6:08

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/67828-book-spoilers-project-screen-time-of-characters/

Obviously, Season 2 was the Tyrion show (he should have been pushed for Lead, even if he had no shot at winning).

For Season 3 I expect Tyrion to fall back towards the rest of the pack. I expect Jon Snow to replace Theon in the Top 5. I think one of the other Starks may replace Cersei in the Top 5 as well.

• Like 1

Marathoned the whole first season today. On the one hand I'm pissed I let myself miss out on this for so long, on the other I'm thrilled I'm able to watch 20 episodes in a row without having to wait. Tell me, are the books even better or is this one of those cases where the show is all you need? I can't read a Tolkien paced snoozefest but if they are real page turners I might give them a shot.

Marathoned the whole first season today. On the one hand I'm pissed I let myself miss out on this for so long, on the other I'm thrilled I'm able to watch 20 episodes in a row without having to wait.Tell me, are the books even better or is this one of those cases where the show is all you need? I can't read a Tolkien paced snoozefest but if they are real page turners I might give them a shot.

The first three are pretty incredible, the fourth book has me stuck. I hear it gets better, but I'm not enjoying it right now. Highly recommend the first three, however.

The first three are pretty incredible, the fourth book has me stuck. I hear it gets better, but I'm not enjoying it right now. Highly recommend the first three, however.

Same here. I've finished now but I didn't really get back into it until half way through the fifth book.

Marathoned the whole first season today. On the one hand I'm pissed I let myself miss out on this for so long, on the other I'm thrilled I'm able to watch 20 episodes in a row without having to wait.Tell me, are the books even better or is this one of those cases where the show is all you need? I can't read a Tolkien paced snoozefest but if they are real page turners I might give them a shot.

The first three are great, third one being tremendous.

Books 4 and 5 tend to slow down a good amount of people since Martin cranks the pacing down a fair bunch since he's resetting the board for the second main arc of the series.

Very good episode, essentially Episode 1 Part 2 by setting up the story for all the characters we didn't see in the premiere and moving things along a bit for those guys from the premiere.They handled Jojen's introduction very well. A slight touch of otherworldly creepy for his character (loved how he showed up in the dream). I really hope they have him and Meera tell Bran the story about the Knight of the Laughing Tree since it's a very important disguised info dump.Thoros is much more fun than the dour grim book version.Jaime's wit is as sharp as ever though that didn't help him against Brienne. They made the fight more one-sided for the show whereas in the book Jaime holds his own very well even though he's tired, weak, hungry, etc.Joffrey, who has shown no interest in ladies, finally seemed to get aroused a bit when Margaery got into Crossbow Mode. Sexual Sadist/Sociopath indeed.To paraphrase Dany: "WHERE IS MY VARYS!!??"

Edited by 4815162342

For the non-readers, the guy in charge of the soldiers who found Jaime and Brienne is called Locke. He's a character created expressly for the show to replace a novel character called Vargo Hoat who leads a company of mercenaries. My understanding is they did this for two reasons: 1) It cuts out the middleman and puts Jaime right in the hands of the Bolton forces, and 2) Vargo Hoat's probably too ridiculous a character for the TV show with his extreme lisp and odd behavior.I really enjoyed seeing Lady Olenna make her appearance. They cut some of the great bits out of her scene with Sansa (time reasons obviously) but still a very good introduction. I expect her to have some scenes created specifically for the show.Theon's storyline is indeed playing out like readers have guessed. He's not going to be enjoying things this season.

EDIT: The purist rage over the Catelyn monologue has begun.

Edited by 4815162342

EDIT: The purist rage over the Catelyn monologue has begun.

Predictably. Which is why I don't read Westeros after episodes. It was mostly loved over at WinterIsComing.I thought it was a wonderful change. They never seem to be able to grasp that certain changes are needed in order to manipulate the feelings of the non-book readers. It's an adaptation, not a frickin flip book of the novels.

They have to make her as likable and sympathetic as possible in order to make other things more emotional and effective in the end.