Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

nahhh i think i'll wait to see the show , i've had enough of the visual for past 2 yrs now in my vivid imagination !wonder if asoiaf books sales have gone up, sure lots are enraged now but maybe others are thinking if that happened what else could?

Season 1 went back up to #1 on the iTunes TV shows chart after the last episode. I can only imagine that book sales had an uptick as well.
  • Like 1

And Jaime's.I'm not mad about either of them. It will just make things interesting for us book readers too, lol.I would have taken even the Stannis, Cersei/Jaime or Arya scenes as the final one over that one.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen

Jaime makes sense though since otherwise he'd be wandering around the Riverlands and Crownlands for a handful more episodes into Season 4. It wouldn't have flowed well. I wanted to see a scene though where he and Brienne learn that Catelyn's dead and Sansa's married.

The Dany scene was fine, could have been executed better, but it's not final scene material compared to the Chekov's Gun that should have been the final scene but didn't appear at all in the show.

I think the reason of the final scene is to simply keep non book readers with a sense of optimism.

There was no no way they were going to have a dark ending after the Red Wedding.

By ending it the way they have they will keep non book readers interested after the rather gloomy Red Wedding. 

They set up a lot of stuff for Season 4 and I imagine a lot of big events will happen in the start of the first season. 

It was a solid episode and of course no matter what they did it was going to be a let down after the epic RW. 

IMo they should have gone with 

UnCat

Even so the longer episode really felt like I watched a film, such a grand and magical series. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I liked the end. I admit that I wish it was bigger but the music was great and I was happy to see Daenarys in that position.

I would imagine anything left out will be continued next season as book 3 was split into two (as I've heard).

And after the red wedding you definitely can't be disappointed in how season 3 left off, from a grand-scale climax standpoint that is...I still think about Robb and Catlyn.

Oh, and Aria is awesome again...totally badass.

Edited by StarSaber

I would have been much better with the final scene if they hadn't had the crowd-surfing mosh pit. Just have it like in the book with Dany riding among them on her horse and end it with her Unsullied, Stormcrows, Dothraki, and liberated slaves on the march to the third and final city in Slaver's Bay.

So the more I think about it setting up next season was the right way to go and I loved the finale. James Hibbard was talking and said that they may take out things from the next book cause it was written on a deadline and didnt include some popular characters. He also said it will be a bitch when HBO has to renegotiate with 25 series regulars.