Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

The third season finale of Game of Thrones garnered 5.4 million Total Viewers, just behind its record of 5.5 million Total Viewers that was set a couple weeks ago. We will report the demographic data when it becomes available. Game of Thrones now ranks as HBO's second most watched series behind The Sopranos.

Source: http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/06/10/game-of-thrones-season-3-finale-delivers-5-4-million-total-viewers/186569/

Edited by Boxx93

Big numbers in Australia for the final episode of the season. It's shown on the Showcase channel here. You have to buy the movie package on Foxtel to have access. With the 10th and final instalment of the season playing out somewhat appropriately on the Queen's Birthday public holiday in Australia, Foxtel recorded its highest one-day rating for the show, with a combined audience of 262,000 tuning in across four broadcasts.It was the afternoon screening that drew the most eyeballs. The first airing, a 3.35pm screening within an hour of the show's broadcast in the US, had an audience of 130,000, comparing favourably with the season premiere, which drew 95,000 to its afternoon slot. An additional 114,000 viewers tuned in to the prime time re-broadcast. This ranked the broadcasts first and second across subscription television for non-sport programming.Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/box-seat/game-of-thrones-finale-sparks-viewer-frenzy-20130611-2o1bw.html#ixzz2VuNolXJL

Edited by DeeCee

Is Theon's role in Season 3 taken from Book 4/5 or is it a creation of the screenwriters? He's offscreen for at least the first 850 pages of Book 3 though he is mentioned and points and it's said he's being flayed and kept alive. But you never see him.

Yes. He doesn't appear in Book 3 at all. What we saw this season is what goes on between Book 2 and when we next see him in a later book (Some of the exposition for his early chapters in that book is the foundation for some of his scenes this season).

Yes. He doesn't appear in Book 3 at all. What we saw this season is what goes on between Book 2 and when we next see him in a later book (Some of the exposition for his early chapters in that book is the foundation for some of his scenes this season).

Ok thanks. Even though his story comes from 4/5, I'm still going to watch S3 once I'm finished the book. It doesn't sound too spoilery. Is there anything major from the later books that was snuck into S3?

Oh yeah and this is more of a book related thing but after doing some more research I've decided I'm going to make 4/5 a super book. A Feast for Dragons. :D  The showmakers are almost certain to do it (how are they going to just let half the characters disappear for 2 seasons?), so I will too.

No, only confirmation about something fans suspected happened to the character you reference.

Yep, and I already know it too, I swear the spoilers seek me out.

S4 Spoilers:

Though I will say the manner of Joffrey's death surprised me. I was expecting and hoping for Sansa to cut his throat when she realized (mistakenly) that she was the only living Stark left and she had nothing left to lose. I almost threw the book when I thought he actually choked to death on a pigeon pie.

Yep, and I already know it too, I swear the spoilers seek me out. S4 Spoilers: 

Though I will say the manner of Joffrey's death surprised me. I was expecting and hoping for Sansa to cut his throat when she realized (mistakenly) that she was the only living Stark left and she had nothing left to lose. I almost threw the book when I thought he actually choked to death on a pigeon pie.

You need to move to a Unabomber style cabin until you finish the books.

You need to move to a Unabomber style cabin until you finish the books.

I know. It should be safer sailing with 4/5 though since that cuts out a lot of the general public Twitterbombers etc. Just need to resist the urge to google certain characters when I forget who they are, because that always leads me down the rabbit hole of the ASOIAF Wiki...