Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

I was gonna do the super book for 4-5 but I changed my mind again. I'll just read them separate like everybody else. It's too much work.

Read them the normal way the first time through. Then on a re-read you can make a super-book.

Speaking of super-book, there's 4 chapters from Book 4 that you would actually want to insert into Book 3 on a re-read since they really take place during the second half of Book 3. But you'll probably figure that out during your read of Book 4.

Read them the normal way the first time through. Then on a re-read you can make a super-book.Speaking of super-book, there's 4 chapters from Book 4 that you would actually want to insert into Book 3 on a re-read since they really take place during the second half of Book 3. But you'll probably figure that out during your read of Book 4.

Theon?

Nope. As I said earlier, his stuff shows up in Book 5 and none of it takes place in Book 3 aside from his internal narration remembering stuff that happened after his capture.

Ah.

But yes. Definitely the normal way. It's just more practical. Have you done the super book yet?

The story, then! Following his pivotal "Blackwater" in Season 2, director Neil Marshall is returning to A Game Of Thrones. Our source close to the production - who we shall name "Ned" in honour of the dear departed Sean Bean (and the '90s indie band) - tells us that Marshall has been asked back for another enormous chunk of ice and fire, in this case the violent finale to Season 4. The episode, Ned tells us, takes place "at The Wall, with Mance Rayder".

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=38014

Non-readers, don't click the link since there's a couple minor to moderate spoilers in the short article.

If true, it means our HUGE episode will be the finale rather than Episode 9 (though I expect some BIG events will happen Episode 9 so really it will be more like a double punch back to back). I love that they're asking Marshall back because his direction of Blackwater was very very good.

It would also mean they're either slowing down Jon's arc for Season 4 in terms of ground covered, OR they're putting a major development of his that happens at the end of the book prior to the big fight, which doesn't make much sense to me since it's fucking around with chronology for no reason other than to have a major battle at the end of the season compared to earlier in it.

Edited by 4815162342

WinterIsComing:

WiC UPDATE: Hold your horses, folks. Our own source close to the production has indicated to us that this Empire report is not entirely accurate. We were unable to get any specifics, but we probably shouldn't take everything in this report as completely set in stone. Let's wait until we get a more official announcement before getting too worked up.

Wow so (in Jon Snow's world) Season 3 covered 75% of SOS, and it will take all of Season 4 to tell the last 25%.

I wonder if it's the same for other characters... Certainly there's some big events going on with all of them, but 10 episodes' worth?

Edited by aDIM

Wow so (in Jon Snow's world) Season 3 covered 75% of SOS, and it will take all of Season 4 to tell the last 25%.I wonder if it's the same for other characters... Certainly there's some big events going on with all of them, but 10 episodes' worth?

Actually compared to the other main characters Jon is behind schedule. The final 40% of the book is Jon-heavy.

Actually compared to the other main characters Jon is behind schedule. The final 40% of the book is Jon-heavy.

Hmm I don't remember. I guess the royal wedding, and all the stuff after with Tyrion can stretch over several episodes. Either way I'm cool with it because it means I can take my time with Book 4 and 5, I really haven't had the time or motivation to read as rapidly as I was this spring. I've been trudging through World War Z for 3 weeks now and I'm still not done, and that book could be read in a day if you really wanted!

Hmm I don't remember. I guess the royal wedding, and all the stuff after with Tyrion can stretch over several episodes. Either way I'm cool with it because it means I can take my time with Book 4 and 5, I really haven't had the time or motivation to read as rapidly as I was this spring. I've been trudging through World War Z for 3 weeks now and I'm still not done, and that book could be read in a day if you really wanted!

Jon has 12 POV chapters in Book 3 and his return to Castle Black happens in the sixth of those chapters. So he has 6 chapters of material to draw from for Season 4, which has a fair amount of stuff that can be stretched out a bit, since he likely won't be in every episode anyway (I don't think anyone was in all 10 episodes this season).

Not directly related to Game of Thrones, but it looks like the next epic fantasy TV series is on the way- Kingkiller Chronicles by Pat Rothfuss is likely to go into production per www.deadline.com.  It has some similarities with GoT, and some differences, the biggest of which is that the series is largely centered around one protagonist as opposed to an ensemble.

Edited by rb02

The show has cast "Rome" veteran Indira Varma as Elliara Sand, Oberyn Martell's girlfriend and mother to three of his seven daughters. A minor character, but one who will give more insight to Oberyn's character and to Dornish culture.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/07/25/game-of-thrones-rome-actress/

That makes another Rome cast member added on. Like that a lot.