Ariadne

Game of Thrones (TV ONLY) [Leaked Spoilers prohibited]

On the balance I like Dany (some of the reasons she gets hate are overblown a lot), but for reasons that are spoilers, I also see the seeds for her taking a bad turn in my eye.

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

Well I support dany coz she's badass and mother of dragons but she also has the weight of her family name ( the good and bad ) hovering over her head she's got a lot of figuring out to do so I sympathise ! Anyhoo enjoy season premiere you lucky basterds , valar morghulis my friends , I'm watching s02e02 now

Well I support dany coz she's badass and mother of dragons but she also has the weight of her family name ( the good and bad ) hovering over her head she's got a lot of figuring out to do so I sympathise !Anyhoo enjoy season premiere you lucky basterds , valar morghulis my friends , I'm watching s02e02 now

Oh I don't blindly hate Targaryens by any means although The Mad King (especially) and even Daenerys to some degree have their issues. It seems like Rhaegar was a boss though and (Spoiler for Book Five) 

Aegon is actually my number one candidate for the throne

• Like 2

Extended thoughts:- Solid season premiere that did exactly what season premieres should do.- They actually toned down the Tywin/Jaime confrontation a bit (Tywin's more angry and loud in the book)- First impression on Oberyn is good. He's got the deadly flair down, though not entirely sold yet.- That new music cue for the Thenns was BADASS. Styr should be a good Wildling villain for the season.- Douche Joffrey is Fun Joffrey.- They pulled off the "crucifixion discovery scene" very well. But uh oh, the Daario subplot officially begins (at least new recast show Daario isn't a complete ass-tool like Book Daario who comes off like a bad Jack Sparrow cosplayer [and yes I know Daario was invented prior to Jack Sparrow]).- Welcome back to the show Janos Slynt, you slimy asswipe.- The inn sequence was great. It's an old-school Western quick-draw buildup followed up by some gory medieval action. Arya: "Now I have a Needle (plus a horse). Ho Ho Ho."

• Like 4

Yay that they finally had Jon show some balls too. Not just normal mopey Jon.Oh, and I went Eeeeeee when Oberyn said that Rhaegar "left his sister for another woman." Finally, a bread crumb.I was not expecting to laugh near as much as I did. There were lots of lulz in this Ep. And lots of BURNS as well. Cersei, Margaery, Tyrion, Daario, Jaime, Jon, Hound, all with zingers.

Edited by House Cozmees of Everdeen
  • Like 3

Pedro Pascal is a perfect Oberyn

the slow reveal of information about Rhaeger are they going to start hinting at aegon or even R+l=j soon

Plus does anyone else think that the necklace

will take the place of the hairnet in the next episode

Edited by boomboom234

First one: They'll lay some groundwork by dropping relevant backstory and names. Advance reviews have said that Episode 3 has

Stannis and Davos reference the Golden Company as a potential source of soldiers

Second one: That's what appears to be the case.

Pedro Pascal is a perfect Oberyn

the slow reveal of information about Rhaeger are they going to start hinting at aegon or even R+l=j soon

Plus does anyone else think that the necklace

will take the place of the hairnet in the next episode

First one...

most definitely r+l=j. It was never said in the books by any character that Rhaegar left Elia for anyone. David & Dan know Jon's parentage and they wrote this Ep and DB Weiss directed it. I think they pretty much just confirmed that theory with that line

2nd one...

Again, most definitely. As soon as I saw it I went ohhhhhhhh. Bye bye Joff.

• Like 2

I've never read the books, but I see Daenerys's story arc as a slow descent into evil. At the beginning of the series, we are shown her brother Viserys, an insane, entitled man who will stop at nothing to rule. We've seen bits of this Daenerys peek through. She is fond of introducing herself with all of her titles, and in flaunting the power she holds. The difference is that she is a bit smarter and more "innocent" at this point than her brother was. But eventually, I think we'll see that hunger for control is in her blood and we'll see more of a side of Daenerys that we don't like.

• Like 3

OMG. The house in staying at in Guatemala has HBO and GOT is on right now! Alebeit in Spanish but I will take it. :worthy:Now just have to work on Shameless.

Eta. It was in English and it was glorious. I'm glad that Maise gets what a sadist Arya actually is. It's all over her face. Edited by aDIM Stormborn
  • Like 1

Yay that they finally had Jon show some balls too. Not just normal mopey Jon.Oh, and I went Eeeeeee when Oberyn said that Rhaegar "left his sister for another woman." Finally, a bread crumb.I was not expecting to laugh near as much as I did. There were lots of lulz in this Ep. And lots of BURNS as well. Cersei, Margaery, Tyrion, Daario, Jaime, Jon, Hound, all with zingers.

Totes. I lol'd several times.