CAYOM Year 6: Oscar Nominations

Worst situation for me would be no wins, but I think that Best Animated Feature should be assured for me. I'm worried that, because I went on with 2 Leading/Supporting Voice actors, the votes might get split and a third one will win both categories. I don't stand a chance at Best Picture, Adapted Screenplay and Sound Mixing, but it's nice to see it made it in ^^

Worst situation for me would be no wins, but I think that Best Animated Feature should be assured for me. I'm worried that, because I went on with 2 Leading/Supporting Voice actors, the votes might get split and a third one will win both categories. I don't stand a chance at Best Picture, Adapted Screenplay and Sound Mixing, but it's nice to see it made it in ^^

Animated Feature should be locked for you. It would defy logic if you lost.

Society tied for #2 with Chrysalids for most nominations for films that I created and ironically Jennifer Lawrence was nominated for Best Actress in both films! :)  :)  Apocalypse wins with 8 nominations (reminds me how Salvation its sequel was snubbed)

My Predictions:Best Picture451Best Animated FeatureTo The MoonBest Documentary FeatureMiracle at the MeadowlandsBest DirectorAlfonso Cuaron for 451Best Ensemble451Best ActorJoseph Gordon-Levitt for Careful Laid PlansBest ActressNaomi Watts for 24 HoursBest Supporting ActorGary Oldman for 451Best Supporting ActressRooney Mara for Careful Laid PlansBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading RoleTom Hanks for To the MoonBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting RoleOlivia Wilde for To the MoonBest Original ScreenplayCareful Laid PlansBest Adapted Screenplay451Best Original ScoreHans Zimmer for AvariceBest Original Song“Everything is all right" from To the MoonBest CinematographyThe ZoneBest Film EditingCareful Laid PlansBest Production DesignAvariceBest CostumesKind Hearts and CoronetsBest Makeup & HairstylingAvariceBest Sound MixingSocietyBest Sound EditingAvariceBest Visual EffectsAvariceBest Use of ActionExpedecade

Edited by riczhang

451 leads the Critical Consensus and has as many Top 5 rankings as Careful Laid Plans (and 1 more than To the Moon).

It has a good shot.

I initially considered adding To The Moon on my list on third or fourth place... It would be just on par with 451 and Careful Laid Plans right now, if we think it that way.

But yeah, 451 does stand a solid chance at Best Picture.

Edited by ChD

I doubt 451 will win BP. It's either Careful Laid Plans or To The Moon.

451 is the least polarising movie of the year. Careful Laid Plans and To The Moon didn't get any bad reviews but they has rankings on Top 25 lists that were 10 or lower. So they were more polarising and therefore are at a little bit of a disadvantage.

451 is the least polarising movie of the year. Careful Laid Plans and To The Moon didn't get any bad reviews but they has rankings on Top 25 lists that were 10 or lower. So they were more polarising and therefore are at a little bit of a disadvantage.

The most polarized film in the BP list is Society imo

True. It had a very strong showing.

Society will get the Chrysalids curse in its nominations. 

Chrysalids was strongly received with 7 nominations but always just lost the Oscar by one or two points. Jennifer Lawrence almost won Best Actress which I hope she can win this year. Chrysalids is probably my favorite film I have wrote, Society being second. 

At least it didn't get snubbed like My Life to Waste which got #1 on the Critic Consensus but was snubbed out of the BP nominations. It also got destroyed in the acting categories. Only 3 nominations. 

Edited by Hiccup

It got 3 acting nominations Hiccup. It did quite well there.

2 acting nominations and it got destroyed. Last place on the list. The voting points showed that it never really had a chance to win.