CAYOM Year 6: Oscar Nominations

With everyone announcing their OCs, I'm eagerly anticipating the incredibly early Oscar predictions that are never accurate since none of the films have been finished! :P

We're like ADF now, lol. Predictions threads for te next year before this year's oscars are even announced.:lol:
  • Like 2

On paper you can name BP contenders, but it never turns out to be that way. Who would of thought that Avarice fails to make the top 5? A well written film can be nominated regardless the genre, that's why one of my Reacher films will hopefully get there one year. Nearly forgot about my Jefferson biopic, haven't started writing it. Y8 I want a horror and a documentary to get BP nod.  :D

On paper you can name BP contenders, but it never turns out to be that way. Who would of thought that Avarice fails to make the top 5? A well written film can be nominated regardless the genre, that's why one of my Reacher films will hopefully get there one year. Nearly forgot about my Jefferson biopic, haven't started writing it. Y8 I want a horror and a documentary to get BP nod. :D

Y8 situation, Not gonna happen

On paper you can name BP contenders, but it never turns out to be that way. Who would of thought that Avarice fails to make the top 5? A well written film can be nominated regardless the genre, that's why one of my Reacher films will hopefully get there one year. Nearly forgot about my Jefferson biopic, haven't started writing it. Y8 I want a horror and a documentary to get BP nod. :D

True, I think that this year actually turned out pretty solid for year in advance contenders. Only big shock was To the Moon in and Avarice out. I think other than that nothing was surprising really in BP, maybe Cardinal based on its predecessor's Oscar performance but I don't think so. BD was the really surprising category though. So predictions for BP for next year?

I didn't put Avarice on my list mainly because it felt like any sci-fi nowadays. It's just a good movie with tons of CGI, nothing really special about it.

Avarice was in the vein of many other previously nominated Sci-fi films. I'm shocked that it didn't make it in.

My incredibly early predictions:

Creator's David Lynch Movie

Empire

The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar

The Three-Month Funeral

Winter War

I ignored Riczhang's movie because I have no idea what it is about, Creator and Numbers always get nominated, hence their films. I feel like my movie will end up being the best movie I've made yet, and since Dogs was nominated, why not TMF? :P Empire sounds like Oscar Bait that should end up great in the hands of Spaghetti, and WInter War sounds intriguing, although it's the one I would switch out with something else.

My incredibly early predictions:

Creator's David Lynch Movie

Empire

The Rise and Fall of Julius Caesar

The Three-Month Funeral

Winter War

I ignored Riczhang's movie because I have no idea what it is about, Creator and Numbers always get nominated, hence their films. I feel like my movie will end up being the best movie I've made yet, and since Dogs was nominated, why not TMF? :P Empire sounds like Oscar Bait that should end up great in the hands of Spaghetti, and WInter War sounds intriguing, although it's the one I would switch out with something else.

Take out the David Lynch movie, and replace Winter War with White Death. Replace David Lynch with either Riczhang's movie or Shipbreaker. Poof.

Best PictureCareful Laid PlansBest Animated FeatureTo The MoonBest Documentary FeatureMiracle at the MeadowlandsBest DirectorJoel and Ethan Coen for Careful Laid PlansBest EnsembleSocietyBest ActorJoseph Gordon-Levitt for Careful Laid PlansBest ActressJennifer Lawrence for SocietyBest Supporting ActorLeonardo DiCaprio for Careful Laid PlansBest Supporting ActressEllen Page for 451Best Voice Actor/Actress in a Leading RoleBonnie Wright for To the MoonBest Voice Actor/Actress in a Supporting RoleOlivia Wilde for To the MoonBest Original ScreenplayCyber

Best Adapted Screenplay451Best Original ScoreHans Zimmer for AvariceBest Original Song“Everything is Alright" from To the MoonBest CinematographyThe ZoneBest Film EditingSocietyBest Production DesignCareful Laid PlansBest CostumesKind Hearts and CoronetsBest Makeup & HairstylingLast Ditch EffortBest Sound MixingAvarice

Best Sound EditingAvariceBest Visual EffectsBioshockBest Use of ActionLast Ditch Effort

• Like 1

I have everyone who voted in the Oscar Picks' ballots. Actual players left to receive ballots from are Creator and CJohn. Ceremony will be Sunday afternoon, actual time TBA.

Already? We've been very quick this season with ballots.

If Oldman doesn't win Supporting Actor I'll be shocked. That's the one acting category that to me is locked up.

I think DiCaprio will win because he's never won in real life, and with the Oscar snub this year involving his role in Django Unchained, with passion everyone will vote for him.

I think DiCaprio will win because he's never won in real life, and with the Oscar snub this year involving his role in Django Unchained, with passion everyone will vote for him.

If we put it that way, Oldman would still deserve to win more than DiCaprio... I mean DiCaprio at least got nominated 3 times... Oldman barely managed to get 1 Nomination, and that not even for his strongest role.

Alongside the TBA announced hosts, the following people will appear in the opening sequence of the Sixth Annual CAYOM Oscars: Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Fassbender, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling, Oscar Isaac, Joshua Jackson, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Neeson, Chuck Norris, Clive Owen, Aaron Paul, and Jason Segel.

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness