CAYOM Year 6: Oscar Nominations

Alongside the TBA announced hosts, the following people will appear in the opening sequence of the Sixth Annual CAYOM Oscars: Daniel Day-Lewis, Michael Fassbender, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Ryan Gosling, Oscar Isaac, Joshua Jackson, Jennifer Lawrence, Liam Neeson, Chuck Norris, Clive Owen, Aaron Paul, and Jason Segel.

:excited:

I'd be shocked if someone didn't know the hosts I'm using. BTW...

SIXTH ANNUAL CAYOM ACADEMY AWARDS CEREMONY

SUNDAY, MARCH 10, 7PM CST.

Someone else can feel free to do red carpet coverage and the like. :P

I wonder if we held Globes, SAGS, DGAs, PGAs, BAFTAs, and etc. what'd be nominated and win... 

That would be interesting, but I think there should be more players to do this because, as we know, the voters aren't the same people everywhere... That would lead to similar results. We would have to select a few players for each award giving ...show? and allow all of them to vote for Oscar.

Or we could give each player a major award giving (Like numbers getting Globes etc) but we have Top 25 for that already... So yeah, like Alpha said. Not now.

Besides, we already have a similar system. The Oscar Picks thread. The players basically put films on their list, similar to a Guild Award, for the big Oscar nominees.

With other award giving shows, the player has a chance to give their awards to what THEY think is the best. The Oscar Picks thread is just a voting for the main award which doesn't put all movies nominated.

We should change the Top 25 into our own award and give it like Oscars: Best Picture, Director... and then vote again on Picks thread.

If you're suggesting that people in their own review threads hand out personal awards, nothing stops people from doing that already.

No one does it because no one really has seen a need for it.

Nope. There's not enough players for different awards. The system is good as it is, Oscars and Critical Consensus which is technically Critics's Choice winner.

However I was tolling with an idea that I was going to propose the year I'm doing actuals, but maybe we can do it earlier: CAYOM FESTIVAL.

How it works? Every studio nominates one films for the festival. We elect a panel of two players, who will give reviews. Then they would trim the list down to three or a few films and pick someone to decide best film, best director, best screenplay, acting winners outside CAYOM. Think of baumer, Shawn, Vanilla, etc. Surely one of them would find a time to read three films. In that case no one would be biased, the CAYOM panel wouldn't decide the winners, only have a little influence. It's a different kind of award, more of a glory of winning Cannes. Opinions?

Edited by Alfred Beyond The Pines
  • Like 2

Nope. There's not enough players for different awards. The system is good as it is, Oscars and Critical Consensus which is technically Critics's Choice winner.However I was tolling with an idea that I was going to propose the year I'm doing actuals, but maybe we can do it earlier: CAYOM FESTIVAL.How it works? Every studio nominates one films for the festival. We elect a panel of two players, who will give reviews. Then they would trim the list down to three or a few films and pick someone to decide best film, best director, best screenplay, acting winners outside CAYOM. Think of baumer, Shawn, Vanilla, etc. Surely one of them would find a time to read three films. In that case no one would be biased, the CAYOM panel wouldn't decide the winners, only have a little influence. It's a different kind of award, more of a glory of winning Cannes. Opinions?

If that's what your thinking, we'd have a Sundance/Cannes every year?

I wasn't suggesting that we hold guilds, I'm not bloody stupid. Same people voting over and over obviously doesn't work, I was just asking for guesses. Based on how the Oscar noms went we can roughly guess what'd get nominated by the guilds.