Shawn Robbins

Weekend Numbers (OZ: 80 mill)

Maybe I'm slow, but I don't get the Floppit thing. The movie made a billion dollars!

It`s an inside joke. Some people around here expected it to beat TA (thanks to OS returns that fell way short of TA`s on top of making less than 1/2 of TA`s domestic) and some were even hinting at unadjusted Titanic (what`s with TH Over $1 Billion OS thread?). So when it got its ass handed to him by 2D Skyfall WW and unadjusted FOTR, the term was created and is now applied to any overhyped overpredicted movie that fails to meet expectations. hence why Les Miz is called Floppit 2. It`s like a new type of flop, not exactly a flop but not a hit that eevryone expected. Like a funny, shorter word for "disaapointment relative to expectations". I mean, if you expect $1 billion just from OS and your movie crawls to $1 billion WW that`s a floppit. Or when you expect $2 billion and it makes $1 billion only.

There are billions and billions and for some movies that number is floppit.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

I always miss the fireworks....since the BOM days (although I was there for Kal-el's Superman Returns breakdown)

Cause fireworks happen at night North American time. You`re probably soundly asleep at that time in Europe.

• Like 1

Cause fireworks happen at night North American time. You`re probably soundly asleep at that time in Europe.

UK time would've been somewhere around 12-2AM... I know the thread was still going at 3-4 AM Romania time.

I quit reading the thread at around 3:45AM finnish time, and it was pretty dead at that point

The last post I managed to see from you was when you said the thread was dead and well done guys. I got banned from it afterwards and went to sleep.