CAYOM Sixth Annual Academy Awards!

11 members have voted

1. 1. What film will win Best Picture?

• 451 (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
  2. 2. What will walk home with the most Oscars?

• 451 (Creator)
    • Avarice (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Cyber (Spaghetti)
    • Last Ditch Effort (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
    • Wicked (Alfred)
    • Other

DARN IT I FORGOT MORGAN FREEMAN IN THE CLOSING NUMBER :angry:

So, yeah, The Muppets have been my dream hosts for the Oscars since Eddie Murphy quit last year. Unfortunately that campaign didn't amount to anything, but I had fun writing my own Muppet takeover of the Oscars. I was happy to host these Oscars, and you guys must've liked it too; I gained 74 likes in the last two hours. :P

You Oscar show was better than most RL Oscars. (Besides the fact that I actually had something besides my mental health at stake ;) ) Opening number was amazing. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

Depends on what part of the film(s) you were at.

To elaborate more:

Ciaran Hinds was the King for the vast majority of the first film. But then he gets suffocated via pillow by his daughter (Rachel Weisz) who had already maneuvered to have one brother murdered and her other exiled and then instigated a military coup when her father chose a nephew over her as heir. This results in her being crowned Queen and her husband (Michael Sheen) crowned king.

Then, Weisz's character persuades her lover (who is the main protagonist of the films) to murder Michael Sheen a little over halfway through the second film which he does and she is now sole ruler of Britain.

Then the whole despotic thing causes civil unrest and you have her younger brother returning for a civil war with backing from William of Orange (who in real life became William III of England) and the result is the younger brother wins and imprisons Rachel Weisz and gets crowned at the end of that film (though Rachel Weisz commits suicide rather than live with having lost).

And that's not getting into the Parliament subplot, the romance subplots, the Franco-Spanish War subplot, etc. A lot went on in the story.

• Like 1

To elaborate more:

Ciaran Hinds was the King for the vast majority of the first film. But then he gets suffocated via pillow by his daughter (Rachel Weisz) who had already maneuvered to have one brother murdered and her other exiled and then instigated a military coup when her father chose a nephew over her as heir. This results in her being crowned Queen and her husband (Michael Sheen) crowned king.

Then, Weisz's character persuades her lover (who is the main protagonist of the films) to murder Michael Sheen a little over halfway through the second film which he does and she is now sole ruler of Britain.

Then the whole despotic thing causes civil unrest and you have her younger brother returning for a civil war with backing from William of Orange (who in real life became William III of England) and the result is the younger brother wins and imprisons Rachel Weisz and gets crowned at the end of that film (though Rachel Weisz commits suicide rather than live with having lost).

And that's not getting into the Parliament subplot, the romance subplots, the Franco-Spanish War subplot, etc. A lot went on in the story.

This has to get re-released. It looks epic. 

• Like 1

This would traumatize the nation’s children, but thanks to a seven-second delay, it only manages to traumatize Quvenzhane Wallis. 

:rofl: This line's just hilarious. 

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

This has to get re-released. It looks epic. 

Maybe a long time from now I will. There are a few things I would have to improve first. Also I would have to re-cast the main protagonist since his actor was someone the first CAYOM turned into a major awards player even though there was no good reason for it.

• Like 1

Maybe a long time from now I will. There are a few things I would have to improve first. Also I would have to re-cast the main protagonist since his actor was someone the first CAYOM turned into a major awards player even though there was no good reason for it.

David Henrie? *dodges tomato*

I just realised that when Careful won Ensemble, all Jeremy Irvine did was smile. :rofl: It's so true that it's hilarious. The guy's got zero personality, but I love him anyways cus he's hot. 

• Like 1

Please don't tell me it was Gerald Butler.... 

No, it was:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0857458/?ref_=tt_ov_st

A player who had a great run in the 20s (Timayd) used him in several films and got him 2 Best Actor nominations and 1 win. Then he fell into disuse until I needed someone, thought no mid-30s British Actor I hadn't already cast elsewhere fit, so I was like "hey, this guy had some big success, I'll throw him back into the mix."

• Like 1

I can see why you'd want to recast his role. 

Exactly. The guy got turned into a big award hitter in the old CAYOM so within that universe casting him made sense.

That logic doesn't work in the new CAYOM though, obviously.

• Like 1

It's funny how I was the one to kill To The Moon BP chances. I ranked it third, after CLP and Society.

And now that you've experienced that feeling you know how we (well at least me) all feel from time to time. :lol: 

• Like 1