CAYOM Sixth Annual Academy Awards!

11 members have voted

1. 1. What film will win Best Picture?

• 451 (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
  2. 2. What will walk home with the most Oscars?

• 451 (Creator)
    • Avarice (Creator)
    • The Cardinal in the Kremlin (Numbers)
    • Careful Laid Plans (Riczhang)
    • Cyber (Spaghetti)
    • Last Ditch Effort (Riczhang)
    • Society (Hiccup)
    • To The Moon (ChD)
    • Wicked (Alfred)
    • Other

Zac Efron: Of course, songs are important part of defining what impression a movie truly leaves. Here are the nominees for Best Original Song:

“DAWN OF OBLIVION” from THE ZONE

“EVERYTHING IS ALRIGHT” from TO THE MOON

“RAP BATTLE” from CHUCK NORRIS AND LIAM NEESON VS. GIANT SPIDERS

“TIME FOR CHANGE” from SOCIETY

“WORLD OF WONDER” from THE STUFF OF LEGEND: INTO THE DARK

And the winner is...

TIME FOR CHANGE” from SOCIETY!

Winner: It’s so great to win this! I feel as though all of our songs were great, but this one took the cake. Thank you for supporting a great musical, and I’d like to thank Sam, Samantha, Zac, Elijah, and Emma for helping me with this specific song. I’d also like to thank my wife for always being such a great support.

• Like 1

Kermit: Now would be a great time acknowledge our catering here. Wolfgang Puck and the Swedish Chef had made the best shrimp cocktails I’ve ever tasted. *applause*

Wolfgang Puck: Thank you!

Swedish Chef: Durvurdur!

Kermit: One of our next presenters is one of the funniest men I have ever met. The other... not so much. Please welcome Fozzie Bear and Jim Carrey! *applause*

Fozzie: Wow, we’re at Oscar’s! Where’s the trash? *groans*

Jim Carrey: Trust me, Fozzie. You need better writing.

Fozzie: Really?

Jim Carrey: References won’t take you everywhere. Just look at Seth MacFarlane. *laughter and OOOs*

Fozzie: They aren’t references. They’re adaptations! WOCKA WOCKA!

Jim Carrey: *sighs* Not all adaptations are good. You have to be the best of the best to be here tonight. Here are the nominees for Best Adapted Screenplay:

THE CARDINAL IN THE KREMLIN

CHUCK NORRIS AND LIAM NEESON VS. GIANT SPIDERS

EXPEDECADE

TO THE MOON

And the winner is... Huh?

IT’S A TIE!

The first Oscar goes to...

THE CARDINAL IN THE KREMLIN!

John Logan: Up here again for a sequel. I’m going to make sure this franchise never ends. *laughter* Thank you Tom Clancy for your great source material. Phillip, you’re a genius director, and it’s always a pleasure to work with you. I better leave time for the other winner, so good night!

The second Oscar goes to...

451!

Alfonso Cuaron: I am accepting this on the behalf of our entire writing team. Thank you for bestowing this honor upon me. I will forever cherish it. Thank you again. *standing ovation*

Edited by Blankments Into Darkness
  • Like 2

Wow, a tie. Was hoping for a Chuck and Liam shocker there. To The Moon's chances at BP are gone.

There were never chances for it to win Best Picture. At least not in my eyes

Fozzie: Yeah, yeah, adapting a joke is important. Listen to this one; what did 451 cardinals carefully plan?

Jim Carrey: *sighs* What, Fozzie?

Fozzie: To build a society on the moon. WOCKA WOCKA *laughter*

Jim Carrey: *groans* You need to be original too. Originality is just as hard as adapting a story.

Fozzie: Really?

Jim Carrey: Yeah. Really. *laughter* Here are the nominees for Best Original Screenplay:

24 HOURS

CAREFUL LAID PLANS

CYBER

HIGH LIFE

LE GRAND ECRAN

And the winner is...

CAREFUL LAID PLANS!

Ethan Coen: Wow, we’re back up here.

Joel Coen: Yeah, but this time we’re actually accepting for ourselves.

Ethan Coen: ...I guess. *laughter*

Joel Coen: So thank you all!

Ethan Coen: Especially Mom and Dad!

Joel Coen: Yeah, you guys were awesome parents!

Ethan Coen: I want to also thank Tricia for being an awesome wife.

Joel Coen: And Tricia, the same to you.

Ethan Coen: So, yeah, thank you guys!

Joel Coen: Today rocks!

• Like 2

Kermit: I’m pleased to introduce our final Best Picture showcaser. He’s the man who’s played many iconic heroes, such as a space smuggler or an adventuring archaeologist. Please welcome the one, the only, Harrison Ford! *standing ovation*

Harrison Ford: Back in 1992, I teamed up with Phillip Noyce to do two movies where I played Jack Ryan. He finally got around to making more of them, but he put some young whippersnapper in the role. *laughter* Nevertheless, The Cardinal in the Kremlin is a fantastic spy thriller. It’s my favorite movie of the year, although it would’ve been a lot better if I played Jack Ryan. *laughter* I’ll let the film speak for itself. The Cardinal in the Kremlin, nominated for eight Academy Awards including Best Picture.

*A montage of The Cardinal in the Kremlin plays. Applause*

Kermit: Now, let me introduce one of the best voice actors currently working, and he runs a show on the Disney Channel while working films. His first film won an Academy Award. Please welcome Alex Hirsch! *applause*

Alex Hirsch: Hey. In case you couldn’t tell, I’m announcing for animated films. I could talk about how important animated films are, but I don’t want to run over, and besides, Robin Williams already said that earlier, and who are you going to listen to, an Academy-Award winning actor? Or an Academy-Award winning director? *beat; laughter* Here are the nominees for Best Animated Film:

THE GOLDEN BIRD

LE GRAND ECRAN

SIR THYMES TIME

TO THE MOON

THE TWENTY-ONE BALLOONS

And the winner is...

TO THE MOON! What a shock. *laughter*

Kan Gao: Thank you so much for this prestigious award. I would’ve never guessed back when I first released To the Moon as a video game that I would adapt it into an Academy Award winning film. Video games can be art as well; just look at Bioshock from this year too. *applause* Again, just thank you for this award; I will forever cherish it. *standing ovation*

• Like 4