CJohn

Monday Numbers | Oz The Great and Powerful - 6.5M

Is it fair to compare this to Star Trek?

It had a 75 m OW and a 64% Monday drop.

and it went on to make 257 m DOM.

Not at all, different demographics, different release dates, different genres, different word of mouth. It will almost certainly make less.

OZ Had the same drop as Alice did, if it continues performing like Alice for the rest of its run it will make 228M.

It's not that easy. On Alices first monday, other kids movies dropped by over 80%, whereas yesterday, kids movies dropped in the 50s or 60s.

Not a good drop for Oz at all if you ask me.

Spring Breaaaaaaak!

I don't know what it;s like in the US, but it was nuts here for movies in the afternoon. Oz had sellouts and so did Jack. Spring Break is nuts here.

It's not that easy. On Alices first monday, other kids movies dropped by over 80%, whereas yesterday, kids movies dropped in the 50s or 60s. Not a good drop for Oz at all if you ask me.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. It's a perfectly normal drop. Nothing bad about it.

Sorry, but that makes no sense. It's a perfectly normal drop. Nothing bad about it.

How is it a normal drop, when "Escape from Planet earth" droppen by over 80% last monday and only in the high 50s this monday?

Seems inflated, while Oz had by far the worst drop in the Top 10. It's really not that hard to understand.

How is it a normal drop, when "Escape from Planet earth" droppen by over 80% last monday and only in the high 50s this monday?

Seems inflated, while Oz had by far the worst drop in the Top 10. It's really not that hard to understand.

Planet Earth didn't make $22M on Sunday.

It had the same exact Monday drop as Alice. As Baumer said, it's normal.

• Like 1