The Oscar Signup Thread

The thread where we keep tabs on who will be running the Oscars each year, to avoid people running around claiming it. The person in charge of running the Oscars is responsible for starting and maintaining the Oscar picks, Oscar tiebreakers, Oscar nominations, and Oscar ceremony threads, AND is responsible for carefully tallying all the picks, tiebreaks, and votes.

Once a person does the Oscars, they are ineligible for doing them again for 5 game years, to allow other people a chance to run the show. Also, after the 5 years, the person is still secondary in priority to a person who hasn't yet run the Oscars before.

The List

Year 9- ChD
Year 10- 4815162342
Year 11- Blankments
Year 12- Hiccup

Year 13- killimano 3

Year 14- Rukaio

Year 15- Films

Year 16- Spaghetti

Year 17- Alpha

Year 18- Rorshach

Edited by Numbers of House Stark

Don't tell us the Oscar host beforehand. :P It's fun to see what it is just by opening up the thread and reading the opening. If I had announced The Muppets Take Over The Oscars beforehand, I don't think it would've been as enjoyable. Although a Fassbender-hosted Oscar DOES sound intriguing. :)

I already started going over some ideas for who to host the Oscars and what it will contain... I don't know why I'm bothering right now, considering that Year 13 will be somewhere around the year 2015 lol.

I've had ideas... there's three people I've wanted to host the Oscars, and I got one of them out of the way this year, and Impact did another one back in Y3. However, depending on the time of year my "Year" is, I may do a group of people instead of just the one.

I was just wondering, is it allowed to base a few scenes from the Oscar ceremony of off real life franchises?I mean like, example, I'm choosing Harrison Ford and one scene from the Ceremony will be a fight with lightsabers (Star Wars)

I'm thinking about having an opening sequence featuring James Bond in all the movies from Year 7. Michael Fassbender would be the host.

Blood Currency: James Bond runs into his Old West ancestor.

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

I was just wondering, is it allowed to base a few scenes from the Oscar ceremony of off real life franchises?I mean like, example, I'm choosing Harrison Ford and one scene from the Ceremony will be a fight with lightsabers (Star Wars)

By the time you host, Star Wars will be a CAYOM franchise. :P I'm sure it's fine; I had the Muppets reference the recent movie quite a bit even though there hasn't been a single Muppet movie in CAYOM. (I like to imagine they're doing a TV show. ;) )

My advice is to just talk it out. When I write dialogue I talk the entire thing out and act out the people involved. I find that only by vocalising it can one really understand and get a feel for how good the dialogue is. 

• Like 2