baumer

Breaking Dawn does 30.25 mill at midnights!!!

This is on par with Eclipse and higher than NM. It opened in 3521 theaters at midnight.It might drop internationally, but this midnight number shows that the appetite for Twilight has not been satiated in NA. This also should mean a 135-150 mill weekend.From Mojo.

That's a very good number, and I'm a bit surprised it did that well.BTW, business looks to be huge today/tonight at my theater, and advance sales for Saturday are really strong, as well. I would guess we're looking at 150 mil for the weekend.

Edited by rainbowtrout

I'm not an expert in international trends, but it is possible that the softer midnight opening in some markets is because of the weekday opening. I'd like to see the weekend numbers worldwide before making a judgment.

Not bad at all, around the same as Eclipse then.I'm not sure yet though if it could match Eclipse's total. The fans all loved Eclipse as well, but it had more appeal to the casual crowd than BD1 probably will. So fans' repeat viewings will have to make up for the most likely lost casual crowd in order to do so.

Must be over Eclipse because it takes the #2 spot behind DH2. I'm impressed didn't think it would hit 30 at all.Now the bigger question - opening day?????

I don't think the OD is in question at all. It'll do 65-75 mill OD...weekend should be 135-150.

Hmmm. Nikki's headline (at http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/big-overseas-box-office-for-breaking-dawn/) is "'Breaking Dawn' Midnights $30.25M Playing in 3,521; Sets No. 2 All-Time Record," which would suggest that the number is actually bigger than Eclipse's. As I recall, all we ever got for Eclipse was $30M+, but there isn't much room for the + if BD1's $30.25M beat it.

Hmmm. Nikki's headline (at http://www.deadline....-breaking-dawn/) is "'Breaking Dawn' Midnights $30.25M Playing in 3,521; Sets No. 2 All-Time Record," which would suggest that the number is actually bigger than Eclipse's. As I recall, all we ever got for Eclipse was $30M+, but there isn't much room for the + if BD1's $30.25M beat it.

Her update says Eclipse made 30.1M. So now we know.

Hmmm. Nikki's headline (at http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/big-overseas-box-office-for-breaking-dawn/) is "'Breaking Dawn' Midnights $30.25M Playing in 3,521; Sets No. 2 All-Time Record," which would suggest that the number is actually bigger than Eclipse's. As I recall, all we ever got for Eclipse was $30M+, but there isn't much room for the + if BD1's $30.25M beat it.

The 30+ for Eclipse was never elaborated on. I think the 30.25 for BD is just so it can be number two of all time. Really, it doesn't matter. This is a gigantic number and it has no IMAX. That is pretty freaking insane.