DAR

Disney's Pete's Dragon | August 12, 2016

4 hours ago, Jayhawk said:

Yes. Pretty excited for this. Too bad it's likely gonna flop :sadben:

Doing 150M DOM is flopping to you? Honestly, the more we get closer, the more I think 200M is within reach. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

https://thefilmstage.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Petes-Dragon-7-768x433.png

Beautiful shot

The shot is beautiful. The CGI is horrendous. After getting Smaug and even the dragons in GoT, that looks horrible. I know this must be a kiddie version but it still looks so damn cheap!

The budget for this probably doesn't even cover the cost of catering on those Hobbit movies.

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Doing 150M DOM is flopping to you? Honestly, the more we get closer, the more I think 200M is within reach. 

This would need to open to $40M to have a shot at $150M, let alone $200M. That's not happening.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

The budget for this probably doesn't even cover the cost of catering on those Hobbit movies.

This would need to open to $40M to have a shot at $150M, let alone $200M. That's not happening.

I think 40 is definitely a doable target on OW. Early reception has been strong, marketing is solid and Pets+Dory juggernaut will be fairly exhausted by that point. Families will be ready for one last summer film for the kids. 

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It is great that this is gonna do close to 50M OW and have some fantastic legs in August and September then. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

RIP this movie. You've been CJohn'd.

I don't give a flying shit about it. Plus, tell me more about my curse affecting Pets? Oh yeah, right, it did opened with 100M and will close over 300M.