DAR

Disney's Pete's Dragon | August 12, 2016

2 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Between this and Cinderella, Disney's been doing a pretty good job at not making some of there films more expensive then they should be.

John Carter, Lone Ranger, Home fucking video...I think they learned their lesson.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, comicbookguy said:

I stopped watching these guys reviews. They spend a lot time saying absolutely nothing. I don't know how they are even seen as film reviewers.

I don't understand how any of the million douchebags who prop a camera in front of them and post videos on Youtube with film "reviews" are seen as reviewers. They are just self-enamored famewhores who love to hear/see themselves talk.

• Like 2

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/83113211/film-incentives-scale-new-heights-with-remake-of-disneys-1977-dragon-classic

TL;DR - Disney got a 25 percent rebate on the budget and a stuff user valiantly defends tax rebates in the comments.

Disney got some great rebates on this one. Should be interesting to see how it performs here in NZ; they've definitely played up the 'made in NZ' part in its marketing here.

Edited by AABATTERY
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Pete's Dragon projections:

Weekend 2: 13.6M (-36.9%) cum 46.8M

Weekend 3: 8.3M (-37.8%) cum 62.5M

Weekend 4 (3-Day): 6.4M (-2.4%)

Weekend 4 (4-Day): 8.6M (+4.3%) cum 73.9M

Weekend 5: 1.8M (-71.2%) cum 1.8M

DOM: 84.954M (3.951x)

WW: 178.465M (52.4% foreign share)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Updated Pete's Dragon projections:

Weekend 3: 7.1M (-37.8%) cum 57.4M

Weekend 4 (3-Day): 6.9M (-2.4%)

Weekend 4 (4-Day): 7.4M (+4.3%) cum 67.8M

Weekend 5: 2.0M (-71.2%) cum 70.3M

DOM: 77.954M (3.623x)

WW: 163.76M (52.4% foreign share)

• Like 1

They're letting our theatre split this with Sausage Party next week so they can share a screen. Pete gets matinee and first evening and SP gets the late night show. 

Disney basically never lets theatre's split their movies. For them it's 1-2+ auditoriums all shows every day or nothing. This shows me that with Pete's Dragon at least, it doing "poorly" enough that theatre's are saying "fine, we just won't show it at all." And Disney really wants to make money so they're fine with having their movie shared.