DAR

Disney's Pete's Dragon | August 12, 2016

I don't know if it is because i am 37 and i watched all those movies disney made when i was a kid ( the one with a monkey that choose hit tv shows, the one when this guy was a computer, witch mountain, petes dragon, etc) but i am really excited since they anounced the remake of this movie. The trailer looks great and i really love the dragons design.

That was an excellent trailer. My son really liked it. watched it twice immediately.

Wasn't sure what to make of this at first, but this trailer was appealing.

I expect this will go on the must see list with him (Finding Dory is next). Disney is going to make a killing off of my son this year. We've already seen Zoo, TJB, and CA. Dory is next. Looks like Pete's Dragon moves on to the definite list and he is interested in BFG as well. Moana and Rogue One are already on the must see list for him this fall.

• Like 3

That was an excellent trailer. My son really liked it. watched it twice immediately.

Wasn't sure what to make of this at first, but this trailer was appealing.

I expect this will go on the must see list with him (Finding Dory is next). Disney is going to make a killing off of my son this year. We've already seen Zoo, TJB, and CA. Dory is next. Looks like Pete's Dragon moves on to the definite list and he is interested in BFG as well. Moana and Rogue One are already on the must see list for him this fall.

Why not Alice Through the Looking Glass? [emoji22]

7 hours ago, Gamb1993 said:

I've never seen the original, but that trailer was pretty damn good. Might go see this.

I grew up with the original and I think this one looks pretty good. 

Kids today have no knowledge of the original which is ok because it means they have nothing to judge it against. They'll enjoy it on its own merits. 

I think it will be another solid hit for Disney

• Like 1

The original Pete's Dragon is about a bunch of stereotypical redneck hillbillies. It's offense as fuck.

Disney probably wants to bury the original movie. But remaking the movie is only going to call attention to how bad the original was. This sure as hell won't be the next Jungle Book.

It looks surprisingly good.

They may have been wise to jettison most of the original film except the basic "Boy Has A Dragon For A Friend" idea. The original, let's face it,is not exactly one of Disney's masterpieces.

• Like 1