Impact

Visual Effects-2013

So here we go! Okay for visuals effects...

Films that have a chance of getting nominated:

Hobbit 2

IM3

Star Trek 2

Pacific Rim

Oblvion

Gravity

After Earth

Thor 2

Oz

Man of Steel

Anchorman 2...oh wait :P

Edited by Impact

Oz is totally in on this one. No way it gets snubbed.

Edit: Oh wait... I forgot it's the Academy we're talking about.

They'll probably nominate Birdemic 2 for special effects...

Edited by ChFloppit

I'm pretty sure TH2 and Trek are going to make it, and I hope Gravity is too. Then there's MOS, IM3, PR and Oz. 

TH2 is probably more likely to win than TH1 especially if they knock Smaug out of the park. But with the amount of time they spent on post-production on Gravity and the possibility of it becoming a BP nominee, it could pose a very serious threat. For now I'd say Trek and PR take the #3 and #4 slots and the final one is up for grabs, I think MOS, IM3 and Oz could all have an equal chance there.

I hope Gravity really brings something new to the table so that the winner is finally something that doesn`t have standard mo`cap in it. It`s becoming tiresome that the same type of SFX is winning every year and mo`cap is the fad now. But Gravity has a supposedly ground-breaking one-take or whatever.

For me it`s anything that beats Smaug because I want surprises and Smaug has been touted to win since the say production was announced. By the way, Smaug is a fictional character and does not have feelings so he won`t care if someone roots against his win.