Impact

Visual Effects-2013

I think so. I think it'll be the four wb movies (gravity, hobbit, man of steel, pacific rim) and something else. Maybe Thor, maybe Star Trek, maybe Elysium, maybe Oz...

DoS better be there

it looks more & more on par with LOTR visually :wub: stunning stuff

Dont want Mos or Oz to get in tho they maybe will

sucks that the race is over btw (same with cinematography)  :( tho there may be a surprise

I lol'ed when 'The golden Compass' got it & Transformer's 'fans' were all mad :rofl: it was glorious :wub: 

Edited by Leyla

Gravity

Gravity

Gravity

And

Gravity

Seriously though, if I had to make a list. Gravity is ahead by a large margin because nowhere watching the movie it came as a VFX fest demo reel even if it is the best of this year hands down. It just can't miss the nom and the win.

Then I think IM3, MoS, STiD and PR are all part of the same muddled bunch "typical blockbuster VFX" that use kind of the same destruction simulations and particulars plug-ins so one of those will snag a nom but not all of them. (I guess it will be in a tight space between IM3, STiD and PR because ILM should get a nom and worked on all of them so I don't expect any of those three being nominated altogether)

TH2 will get one just because WETA got an automatical slot since TH until TH3 release.

I don't think Elysium and Gastby got any chance other than filling eventual space. Oz is too weak as is Thor TDW.

Edited by dashrendar44

I know for sure that Gravity and The Hobbit are going to be in this. When it comes to comic book movies, I'd put Man of Steel over Iron Man 3, but I doubt any of them get in.

Walter Mitty might have a decent shot, too. It does look amazing. As for the other 2, I'm too lazy to think of them.