Impact

Animated Feature-2013

Current:The Croods

Despicable Me 2

Frozen

Monsters USomething else...possible: Planes, Epic, Turbo, Free Birds (just getting another title out!), a movie that none of us have thought of.

Monsters Universality is going to win. someone at Pixar paid them off a long time ago.. they just couldn't get away with Cars 2 without it being obvious. 

Edited by Kalo21
  • Like 1

Hayao Miyazaki's new film gets released on July 20 in Japan. No idea if it makes it to American theaters before the end of the year, though it doesn't look likely (Ponyo and Spirited Away both had to wait over a year, Howl's Moving Castle seven months). Still, who knows.

I still have Frozen as my top contender provided it's on the Tangled/WIR level of quality and Monsters University doesn't get overwhelmingly positive reviews (like 90% or more on RT).

• Like 2

How many films have to be eligible for there to be five nominations? I know hybrids only count if it is 75% animation which rules out Smurfs 2 unless the addition of two new CG characters make it eligible,

16 I believe. Also, The Smurfs and Alvin 3 were both successfully submitted in 2011, they were on the longlist of 18 films. So Smurfs 2 will most likely be eligible too.