Jonwo

Studios putting their name above the film title

I saw a poster for Epic and noticed that The Blue Sky Studios logo is above the title which they never used to it, I've noticed other studios such as Dreamworks Animation, Marvel and Disney do it as well with their films, Disney and Dreamworks actually do this with their products from TV shows to musicals, I wonder if we'll see other studios do this like Warner Bros with the DC films could have the DC logo above the title, I guess it a way to brand a film to show it belongs to a particular studio.

If they think the brand has clout, it makes sense to have it in the logo, especially with the relative anonymity directors tend to have in those situations. Not many people know that Nathan Greno and Byron Howard directed Tangled, but everyone knows that Disney produced it.

Edited by tribefan695

well sometimes it works to have studios put their name above the title and others well not so much. Its all about the brand name and what people think when they see the name.

EXAMPLES:

this is a good example of the disney name not being used in the right way because when I think Disney I think Kids, Happy endings, and with John Carter I couldn't take the movie as serious because of the huge Disney name over the title of the film.

Posted Image