CAYOM Year 7 Discussion

I could see my film flopping big time. It a 225m budget film and I do not think the US audience will like it. 

Don't be so negative. There's the international audience as well. Give them a stick of TNT, and a match and they'll be entertained. ;) Anything with explosions is like pure gold OS. :lol: Never say someone's not gonna like a film, or the film's gonna flop until it does. It's worked pretty well for me. :P 

Don't be so negative. There's the international audience as well. Give them a stick of TNT, and a match and they'll be entertained. ;) Anything with explosions is like pure gold OS. :lol: Never say someone's not gonna like a film, or the film's gonna flop until it does. It's worked pretty well for me. :P

Yeah, the trailer I posted for Justice League is intended just for the international audience, hence Athens and Los Angeles exploding. :P

I am going to send to you in a minute, It nearly done and I would like your opinion. 

I could see my film flopping big time. It a 225m budget film and I do not think the US audience will like it. 

I highly doubt your film will flop domestically. Any big action CGI summer flick will do solid business in the US market. A Michael Bay disaster action film did 90M last year over five days. 

• Like 1

I highly doubt your film will flop domestically. Any big action CGI summer flick will do solid business in the US market. A Michael Bay disaster action film did 90M last year over five days. 

I liked this post just for the Thomas implications. ;)

It could do well overseas but a lot of Americans might hate my film.

Oh, will you be reviewing every film this year?

No. I won't have time to write the reviews. Writing reviews sometimes takes longer than reading the films themselves :lol: I'll probably only write 1 or 2 per person, and then offer to do a score lookup for any of the other films. Just the score, no explanation, and etc. 

I'm planning on doing a WW1 Historical Epic (Beginning with the annexation proclamation of Bosnia by Austria-Hungary [Or maybe an invasion. It's not historically accurate but much more cinematic] then jumping forward to the assassination of the Archduke in sarjevo. It'll run until the first shot is fired.), and probably one on the Vatican. 

The WW1 Historical might actually even happen in Y8. I just need to find a suitable director. 

Edited by riczhang

Are you doing any historical epics next year? 

No.

To more fully answer your question, I try not to overlap with historical epics. Right now I'm in the middle of a trilogy about the rise of the Roman Empire (third film would be Year 10) so my historical epic focus is on them. When the third one's done I'll move on to other topics (probably first to my long-gestating film idea '68.).

Edited by 4815162342