fmpro

Weekend Estimates (Easter 2013) pg 13

Now we need April to be strong.

I think April is going to be fairly quite overall and not approach the nice receipts March had.

Oblivion is the one likely spike I see maybe Jurassic Park 3-D actually doing decent. 

Evil Dead is likely to be a financial hit vs it's budget but I don't see it passing $75m

Pain & Gain, really? It's a renter and I like both actors. 

We are just waiting on Iron Man 3 at this point. 

3D...it plays well overseas. They added a bit of Tatum, but really not that much.

They did absolutely no reshoots. The director confirmed. All Paramount gave Joe was 20 million extra to convert to 3D.

I don't think Tyler Perry movies are bad. I just don't think largely white-washed movie critics and internet fanboys understand their appeal. I'm white, but growing up in Miami, the large majority of my friends are black or Hispanic. Quite a lot of them saw Temptation yesterday and see the Madea movies, because they enjoy and connect with them. Just because Roger Moore doesn't get it, doesn't make it a bad movie. 

I'm black and older and female, and I don't understand the appeal of the Madea movies.  I saw about 30 minutes of one of them - I think it was the first one - and deemed it loud, obnoxious and for the most part, unfunny.  I have no intention of seeing Temptation, but it's not the type of movie I would see anyway.  With all of that being said, and as an aside, I became a TP believer after viewing his cameo in ST09.  Up until then, I thought he was a one-trick pony.